Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bled Fest 2018 Tour • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by JaytotheGee, Dec 20, 2017.

1. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Norma Jean, eh? Hmmmm.

2. natedorough

Hi y'all. I don't post here often (ever?) but I wanted to address this, because I've seen it a lot of places. We booked Malcolm and confirmed him based on the pitch of his agent, which included direct links to where to check out his music, his work, his bio, etc., who works at a company that I've worked with for 10 years. They've never pitched me a sexual assaulter before.

I've absolutely added the Google search to my process, starting last week, and since, today actually, I passed outright on a show that was offered to me (not for BLED but just a regular Fusion show) that would've featured someone that assaulted someone. Now, in this pitch from this agent, there was no information about who the artist was, so I maybe would've Googled (but honestly, I usually go to Facebook and type their name into the search bar and find their artist page and start there). It's just a misconception about my work flow that I type everything into Google. But because of this whole thing, I certainly will have to now. None of us WANT to think this is the world we live in, but it is, and we're taking notes every day, changing up our processes, and doing what we can. Sometimes, it's not enough, and we end up in a crazy situation like this, where we want to believe in restorative justice, but also, we 100% want to listen to survivors, and in this case, those two things flew in the face of one another, and left us in the middle like a flip-flopping fool. Announced, then quietly taken down, then tons of conversations with respected people, representatives of the actual survivor in this case, led to our decision, and then massive backlash, teary-eyed conversations with other survivors about it made them feel, and ultimately, the decision to reverse our stance.

Also, when an act is represented by an agency, a label, a whatever, it's professional courtesy to handle things privately until they need to be public. For the same reason I don't ask my personal Facebook page (or Fusion's page) "Hey, would you come see a _________ show if we booked it?" If a bunch of people say no, or no one says anything, it's embarrassing to that organization's client. Now yes, this is a completely different scenario, but trust us when I say that MANY conversations were had, and now, seeing the backlash, we now know A. that it wasn't enough conversations had and B. maybe the conversations were had with the wrong people.

Anyway, I think we made the right call, even if we had to bounce around to get there. And I hope there's a day, somewhere down the road, where these tough conversations lead to a world that someone who does something like this DOES have a path to re-entry into a community. But more importantly, as our team pointed out the other day, I'd love conversations like this to lead to a world where people aren't raped. So continue to be loud, voice your opinion, know that you're being heard, and just do what you think is right.

Someone messaged me online today, and just rambled endlessly about how much it sucks that our festival is always talking about this stuff, and the point that I picked up is that we should just shut up and book a festival. And holy shit, I wish I could do that more than anything. But in the years where we did that, we made a lot of systemic mistakes that led to a lot of things we never wanted to do, and this is the way that we feel we can work to change those things. It probably will never be enough for some, but that's the beauty of life. We all see things differently, and this festival, through all it's ups and downs, is one of the best days of the year for an awful lot of people, and at this point, through all of this, it's the only thing that keeps us coming back.

Thanks for the dialogue, and know that my door is always open. I can be reached anytime at nate at fusionshows dot com, and I'm happy to engage in any constructive conversations about anything we do. Also, hi Landon.

slowheart, NL, smowashere and 10 others like this.
  3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

you are doing the important work when it comes to accountability and diversity. please don't stop that. it might be a bumpy road to get things right but as long as you constantly learning and adjusting and growing that is what matters most

4. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Nate, it would be great to see you post here more often, you are a leader in this community, and we appreciate any thoughts you may have.

5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Updated OP with full lineup

Small Talks was todays add

6. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Just realized we have Norma Jean and '68 on this so we're definitely getting "Memphis"

This is shaping up to be a must-attend for me.

7. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Shortly! Wooooo

8. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

WOOHOO

9. ALT/MSC/FAN

Two things: 1. There are two Free Ticket February giveaways today. 2. Ratboys will be in the UK at the end of May, so they're not playing.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Kississippi & Dogleg

11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Also only 2 more days until the full lineup

12. ALT/MSC/FAN

I literally was going to guess Kississippi on the first clue too but I didn't think she'd play because I thought her opening the Dashboard dates would interfere.

13. ALT/MSC/FAN

Bringing Down Broadway

14. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

This is pretty great so far and I'm probs going, but I hope they add 3-4 more bands I'm interested in.

And then I'll go diving in on artists I'm unfamiliar with.

15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like we might get one more big add today and then a few mid tier cool ones and a ton of locals tomorrow

16. ALT/MSC/FAN

Typically the last day is a pretty high-billed band. Last year it was Cayetana. In 2015 it was Real Friends, who was the highest billed band.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  17. ALT/MSC/FAN

ROZWELL KID YEEEAAAHHHHHH BOOOOIIIII

18. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Hell yeah

19. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

SHRED FOR MEEEEE

20. atlas

Trusted

thought this hint was gonna be Microwave for sure

21. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Rozwell Kid counts as 2-3 bands on their own, so I guess that settles it for me.

cwhit likes this.
  22. ALT/MSC/FAN

So excited for the rest of the lineup/to see which of my friends got added!!!

Cgarnsay likes this.
  23. ALT/MSC/FAN

Announcement in five minutes!

24. ALT/MSC/FAN

In alphabetical order...

A Year in New York
    All at Once
    Andrea Gibson
    Astronautlis
    Backswing
    Basement
    Better Thoughts
    Bogues
    Bonzo
    Boy Rex
    Bringing Down Broadway
    Chaos Chaos
    Chris Bernstorf
    Complainer.
    Composetheway
    Comrades
    Deathbreaker
    Desires
    Dogleg
    Forest Green
    Former Critics
    Formerly Bodies
    Foxing
    Gatherers
    Glacier Veins
    Greet Death
    Grey Matter
    Half Tongue
    Harvester
    Hot Mulligan
    If Walls Could Talk
    Jetty Bones
    Joyce Manor
    Kayak Jones
    Kississippi
    Looming
    Lung
    LVRS
    Many Rooms
    Mom Jeans.
    Moses
    Mothers
    Mover Shaker
    Narco Debut
    Neil Hilborn
    Norma Jean
    Pancho Villa's Skull
    Prison Suicide
    Remo Drive
    Rent Strike
    Retirement Party
    Rozwell Kid
    Saving Throw
    Shortly
    Signature Mistakes
    Slingshot Dakota
    Small Talks
    Solitary Subversion
    Stories Untold
    The Texas Beachball Massacre
    Vagabonds
    Welman
    You Rest, You Joy Life

25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Only really "big" adds I see are Remo Drive and Neil Hillborn but I'm not really a fan of either

Still a great lineup though!