Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bled Fest 2018 Tour • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by JaytotheGee, Dec 20, 2017.

1. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

RETIREMENT PARTY IS THE BEST BAND AHHHHHHHHHHH

troyplaysbass likes this.
  2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Please add P Daddy and make my dreams come true

3. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Narco Debut

4. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Mover Shaker

5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I have a hatred for them because they played like 15 mins over their set last year and that started the mayhem of the stages being about an hour and a half behind

Bear vs Shark really made it worse though

6. ALT/MSC/FAN

Are you sure? I remember Ratboys taking a while to set up too. And The Fall of Troy went way over time too.

7. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah they were the first band for sure

It definitely got way worse though

8. ALT/MSC/FAN

Vagabonds

9. SlappinCups Feb 20, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 20, 2018)
    SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

I saw Vagabonds open for Julien Baker last year and enjoyed him. Bummed JB will not be there

10. atlas

Trusted

I saw him in the front row opening for Circa last year and it was one of the more uncomfortable 25 minute periods of my life

11. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

if only it was vagabon instead

12. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

or bob seger

atlas likes this.
  13. atlas

Trusted

SlappinCups likes this.
  14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I think that could still happen right? Unless she's on one of the Courtney Barnett dates during Bled Fest or something. She seems like a very logical fit.

15. Eclipse

Regular

Facebook won’t let me link the statement, so here’s a link to the link

16. ALT/MSC/FAN

Bled Fest just posted again. They reversed the decision, and he's not playing anymore.

17. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

I had a lot of respect and agreed with Bledfest for handling everything the way they did until they just posted that. I had my concerns when I first Googled the man’s name and read that Medium post. I also understand and appreciate them listening to fans and survivors and taking into account their thoughts on the situation. But I also believe that abusers can be forgiven and rehabilitated. I believe that artists that have reconciled with victims they have abused can be given a chance, even taking into account their past actions. That doesn’t mean we are giving them a stage despite their abuse, or that we are propping abusers up or supporting those who assault, or taking an abuser’s side over the victim’s. I just thought there was a deeper dialogue that could be explored here.

Knifeparty and JaytotheGee like this.
  18. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

The discussion should have been opened to the community before the decision was made. The second hit when googling him is about the allegations. I can’t believe that no one involved with Bled Fest didn’t do a simple google search on artists they wanted to book. That’s my main problem with how it’s been handled. It was super avoidable.

There was a great discussion on this in the accountability in music thread that I think everyone should read- a lot of good points that I hadn’t even considered.

bachna84, Joe4th, cwhit and 1 other person like this.
  19. ALT/MSC/FAN

Yeah, I agree. Nate said that he did discuss it with a lot of people he trusted (though I don't know who they were), and that's what resulted in the original decision - ideally though, they should have just asked everyone in the event what their thoughts were.

20. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Norma. Jean.

SlappinCups likes this.
  21. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely wasn’t expecting that

Very cool

22. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

EXCUSE ME

23. ALT/MSC/FAN

Norma Jean kicked fucking ass in 2011. That set's going to rule. Excited too since we'll (probably) get Josh to come out during Memphis!

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

The diversity all together this year is great

Last year the diversity was great everywhere except it was mainly all the same genre of music

Lots going on this year

25. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

NORMAAAAAA JEANNNNNNNNNNNNN