Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

BLED FEST 2017 Festival • Page 19

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Sep 29, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

vundbar is a good band too at least!

JaytotheGee likes this.
  2. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Okay I just discovered Jenny Owen Youngs and now her set is in my top 3 for tomorrow.

smowashere and Joe4th like this.
  3. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Same!

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  4. cwhit

she's awesome, the last LP is so good

Joe4th, ImAMetaphor and smowashere like this.
  5. ImAMetaphor

Who is everyone most excited to see tomorrow? Ratboys is probably my most anticipated set, followed by La Dispute, Petal, Diet Cig, and Jenny Owen Youngs, in some order.

incognitojones likes this.
  6. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Really pumped for La Dispute, Shortly, Chase Huglin, Chris Farren, and Ratboys.

smowashere and ImAMetaphor like this.
  7. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Hey looks like I'm going to this very last minute. Bear Vs. Shark / Cayetana / Nnamdi probably my top 3, Ratboys right up there.

Any must see bands that I've never heard of but should be really excited for but also I don't have time to get into them?

8. ImAMetaphor May 27, 2017
    (Last edited: May 27, 2017)
    ImAMetaphor

Today's the day! If any of you see me throughout the day please come say hi! It'd be cool to meet some of the people I interact with so often on this site. I'll be wearing a black Julien Baker shirt, a black Menzingers snapback, and I'll probably be carrying a Star Wars backpack. Oh, and I wear glasses.

9. cwhit

wildhoney

too late but yeah

10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Can't wait to hear all your stories from today! I really wish I could've gone but I unfortunately couldn't make it happen (boo work). I'm seeing Slingshot Dakota and Petal tomorrow though so it'll be my own miniature Bled Fest,

pauljgreco likes this.
  11. ALT/MSC/FAN

Fuck, today ruled. Had so much fun and saw a ton of friends.

I watched Second Best, Heart Attack Man, Mover Shaker, Ratboys, Jesus Piece, Petal, Speak Low If You Speak Love, Free Throw, Nnamdi Ogbonnaya, Shortly, Ellis, Koji, The Dirty Nil, Chris Farren, Baggage, Chase Huglin and La Dispute. I also attended the Representation in Music panel which was really insightful.

12. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Cayetana fucked me up

13. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Chris Farren was definitely the highlight of the day. Charmer, Jenny Owen Youngs, and especially Koji (as always) were all incredible too.

14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

The whole day was great. The Dirty Nil into Chris Farren was easily my favorite part of the day

La Dispute was nuts

Fuck the fact that the main stages got to be an hour behind though. That was awful

smowashere and Joe4th like this.
  15. ImAMetaphor

Yesterday was wild. I had a great time. I ended up watching Ratboys, Slingshot Dakota, JOYS, Petal, Jenny Owen Youngs, Safe to Say, Diet Cig, Shortly, and Koji. I also had the chance to meet and briefly speak to both Jordan from La Dispute and Kiley from Petal. Kiley was incredibly kind and amazing and her set was probably the best of the day. Unfortunately because the main stages got so far behind and my friend and I were so tired we ended up leaving before Cayetana and La Dispute, which is a bummer, but it was a great day nonetheless. I'm already craving another opportunity to see Ratboys, Slingshot, Petal, and Diet Cig.

16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Also Jesus Piece was my biggest surprise of the day. Fucking wild

smowashere likes this.
  17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I saw Petal and Slingshot Dakota last night and they were both so good. There was maybe 40 people there which is a bummer because they both deserve more but it was so cool. I already knew Petal/Kiley was great, but I'd never seen SD and they were so good too. And they talked about how fun Bled Fest was so that's how this relates to the thread lol

smowashere likes this.
  18. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

I loved that SD was Petal's backing band (at least at Bled Fest, and I'm assuming rest of Lil Sebastour?).

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  19. cwhit

yup they've been doing that

mattfreaksmeout and smowashere like this.
  20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I saw Pet Symmetry, Ratboys & Runaway Brother last night and it was really awesome. Made me really mad that I couldn't see Pet Symm at Bled because they were really good.

Ratboys was amazing both days

incognitojones likes this.
  21. ALT/MSC/FAN

Maybe it was because I was further back but there was definitely more than 40 for them.

22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Really I literally counted at one point and had 39 but that honestly might've been before Petal's set so I wouldn't be surprised if more people filtered in and I stopped counting. It was great either way, I was just a little surprised.

23. tumbleweedterror

music is all we got

Oh dang that's a great lineup. I can't wait for Runaway Brother to release new stuff!

JaytotheGee likes this.
  24. ALT/MSC/FAN

I actually walked into Pet Symmetry's set just as they started playing the one song I knew really well by them and I couldn't believe how perfect the timing was, haha.