Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

BLED FEST 2017 Festival

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Sep 29, 2016.

1. kidinthebushes Sep 29, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 1, 2017)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

La Dispute / Bear Vs. Shark / PWR BTTM / The Fall Of Troy / The Flatliners / Into It. Over it. / Diet Cig / Cayetana / Speak Low Is You Speak Love / Pey Symmetry / Free Throw / Petal / Meat Wave / Chris Farren / Homesafe / Slingshot Dakota / Tancred / Jesus Piece / Alcoa / Koji / Chase Huglin / Wild Honey / Safe To Say / Ratboys / Heart Attack Man / Nnamdi Ogbonnaya / The Dirty Nil / Del Paxton / Spill / Allstair Hennessey / Super Whatevr / American Opera / The Cardboard Swords / Bike Tuff / Shapes & Colors / Rival Summers / Mover Shaker / Amateur Eyes / A Year In New York / Second Best / Sweat / Baggage / Stefanie Haapala / As We Divide / Backpacks / Nice Try / Grey Matter / Man Mountain / Shortly / Vagabonds / Drowned Out / Jahshua Smith & The Race Card / Parkway & Columbia / Southpaw / Joshua Gardin / Convenient, Trash / Stay Away / Tidal / Full Monty / Bamfomania / Alchemists / Impartial Hearts / Silver Age / Good Pictures Of Bad People / Charmer / Ellis / The Vital Sea / Joys

2. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Just give me a better lineup than last year and I will be back for my fourth consecutive year.

3. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Fuck yeah, love all of this.

Honestly, I think it's funny with some of the flack they're getting on social media for this. A lot of the changes they're talking about implementing are about just making these issues more well-known - most of these won't even be that noticeable during the festival, or make it that different of an experience. They'll probably have a couple more gender neutral bathrooms. They'll probably have a few more local bands with women, people of color and members of the LGBT community. They'll probably be more on the lookout for people causing trouble and targeting people in the pit. Aside from that, everything else will be the same and shouldn't stop someone from enjoying it.

As for the lineup, yeah, last year's was probably the weakest it's been in the six years I've been going. It was fine, but it seemed a little samey - a little too "been there, done that" for a festival that was knocking it out of the park when it came to not having a ton of repeats on their lineup. Still, I have faith that they'll put together something dope for 2017.

4. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

That's a truly great statement, glad that changes are being made to this festival.

I only stayed for I think 4 hours last year, I left after Kevin Devine. Lineup was not good last year.

5. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Well, it's here. BLED FEST season. There's two seasons in our world. BLED FEST season, and boredom. We're really excited to kick it into gear and get this thing rolling.

Some news...
    1 - Booking is open! Visit our newly updated website at bledfest.com, click the booking link, and let's see what you've got!
    2 - There's an annual holiday pre-sale we do with super cheap prices for a very limited number of tickets. We don't know what the final ticket price will be, but we know it's usually at least a $10 savings on a ticket, and we can't tell you when the sale will be, but it's only 24 hours generally, and kind of pops up sometime closer to Christmas!
    3 - We don't usually announce any artists until Free Ticket February, which is still a few months away. But maybe we'll drop a few surprises in beforehand?

Keep an eye on all of our social networks for chance to win tickets, photo galleries from past shows, and other fun content!

192 days til BLED FEST 2017!

6. ALT/MSC/FAN

I wonder if we'll get any kick back from Rock on the Range, with it being a week before? Some of those bands seem like they could work well at Bled Fest.

I.E. Beartooth, Every Time I Die, The Story So Far, Norma Jean, I Prevail, Turnstile....

Maybe even Taking Back Sunday or Sum 41...

7. Cgarnsay

Trusted

They have had smaller bands in recent years, maybe this year step it up a little, then I could see it. I'm hoping for either Letlive or Stick to your Guns.

8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

You don't think TBS and Sum 41 are too big for Bled Fest?

I feel like there has never been a headliner that big

9. ALT/MSC/FAN

Anti-Flag...kind of? That's the only thing that's come close. If the bands are up for it though is the big thing to consider.

10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Anti-Flag is a lot smaller than you'd think haha they don't even sell 300 tickets in a lot of markets anymore.

I can't see bands that sell out 1000+ cap rooms playing Bled Fest. But would be awesome if it happened. Money is also an issue when it comes to bigger bands I feel.

11. Joe4th

I know they almost booked Circa for bled one year but the schedules didn't work. Honestly at this point the Wonder Years is probably the biggest band to play.

12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah that's true forgot TWY played.

13. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Sleeping With Sirens and Motionless In White both played before their primes.

Cgarnsay likes this.
  14. kidinthebushes

Trusted

TODAY IS THE DAY! Our annual holiday early-bird presale starts NOW, and goes for the next 24 hours or while supplies last! Only a very limited number of tickets are available for just $22.00! This year's lineup is shaping up to be the best we've ever done, and we've got some new, exciting things to reveal to you about the festival in the coming months!

Grab tickets here: https://goo.gl/JD6p3M

Contender likes this.
  15. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Glad they are going through Ticketfly. Glad there is an option for a physical ticket. I am not sure I will go this year, but might as well get two early bird tickets for my brother and I. $22 is too cheap to pass up.

16. kidinthebushes

Trusted

$56.60 for two tickets in case anyone was wondering.

17. Joe4th

I miss when all Fusion Shows were fee free

Cgarnsay likes this.
  18. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

it will be fucking dope if bled fest actually becomes a really cool inclusive punk/indie festival

troyplaysbass, Contender and Joe4th like this.
  19. cwhit

i'm basically imagining new alternative music fest but more punk/emo oriented

20. kidinthebushes

Trusted

No mention of the music. You seem less concerned about the music and more about a band's political beliefs. Bled Fest can be one big safe space!

Knifeparty likes this.
  21. cwhit

what the fuck?

Contender and Joe4th like this.
  22. cwhit

i don't want a safe space i just want people to be inclusive and not treated less than others, even subconsciously

ALT/MSC/FAN and Joe4th like this.
  23. Joe4th

It's what I'm hoping for. With any luck, they'll actually pull through with what they said when they first announced it.

And lol literally every tour forum thread has to have some ignorant comment from him in it

heaththehorizon and Contender like this.
  24. cwhit

sad thing is i actually respect how organized he keeps this forum but yikes

but yeah. curious to see if they move towards getting acts like frankie cosmos and bellows and that realm or just as far towards "indie" they get remains things like petal and tigers jaw

Joe4th likes this.
  25. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

You are literally the worst, maybe some people like Casey enjoy bands with women and people of color and therefore want them to play the fest, not every call for diversity is based solely out of a desire for representation and not everyone is a 30 year old still following around powerpop bands.

Edit: Also how is one supposed to "mention the music" on a fest with no announced acts. They're still in the planning phases, and it was a comment on how a potential customer would like the fest to be planned. Also, why is caring about a bands political beliefs on a fest that has punk bands irrelevant. Also, representation isn't "political" it is humanitarian. A lot of stupid to unpack here.