Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bleachers - Gone Now (June 2, 2017) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Mar 29, 2017.

1. bodkins

Trusted

Or apparently an entirely different order according to twitter....

2. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

twitter order:

Dreams of Mickey Mantle
    Goodmorning
    I'm ready to move on
    I Miss those days
    Nothing is you
    Foreign Girls
    Hate that you know me
    Goodbye
    Let's Get Married
    Everybody Lost Somebody
    Don't Take The Money
    All My Heroes Got Tired

Edit: just kidding just saw that his personal twitter has a different order
    Plus this

3. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Wait is the album called Gone Now?

4. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I thought it was a single for a second until I realized there is no track called Gone Now on the album, curious about that as well.

5. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I think he's deciding & changing the track order live? haha

Barresi and Maybevictor like this.
  7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I think it's definitely the album title, because the date is the same as the album release date that leaked

8. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Well alrighty then!

Curious what he's going for with that outfit.

truelovewaits likes this.
  9. bodkins

Trusted

Pumped.

10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Probably shouldn't even bring this back up since it's been so long, but I just saw the post about how he shouldn't be doing small venues after the last one got cancelled, which is ridiculous. It's pretty much guaranteed that he will be touring essentially non-stop for the next 2 years. Jack's a touring machine when he starts a new album cycle. I saw Bleachers like 5 times in from end of July 2014 to start of August 2015.

I personally would not mind if Yoko Ono is on that track again. I don't listen to that song on it's own, but I love it when listening to the full album. Pretty excited to see he's doing something like that again.

I'm excited to have the track list. I don't love the album cover, but I'm sure it will grow on me.

jpmalone4, Maybevictor and bodkins like this.
  11. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

I agree about the Yoko Ono thing. I did say a few posts back I wasn't a big fan of it, but I do love that song I. context with the album. I do think however that the feature cold have been done better. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. Considering the song title though, I think theres a really good possibility that we here Yoko on this.

12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea I'm really curious about it, since it's got the same title. It would be really interesting to me if he kept the same Yoko track and just put in the new song in place of wild heart. I also know he said when she recorded that part, they recorded a bunch and only a small amount actually got put on the song, so maybe he'll use some of the other recordings she made. One of the few bands where I can say this and truly mean it: regardless of what it turns out to be, I know I will love it.

PatRFinley likes this.
  13. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Horrible album cover wtf haha

14. PatRFinley

Yeah, theres no way I don't love this album. I've already played DTTM way too many times and I'm not even a little tired of it.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  15. bodkins

Trusted

I loved the way Jack weaved in and out of themes, both musically and lyrically, on Strange Desires. If he continues threading between SD and the new record, that's super impressive. Seems that's gonna be the case.

16. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I dig the album cover. It's very Jack.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  17. PatRFinley

Yeah I have no problem with the cover. Its not my favorite album cover I've ever seen or anything, but if the music is good (we all know it will be) who really cares.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  18. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I don't like to complain about artwork but I honestly think this one looks dumb as sin.

19. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I really didn't like the first album and I hate that album art, so I don't have high hopes for this.

20. Definitely.

Crazy excited about this album, I think Jack is one of the best songwriters out there these days and I think his last album is one of the closest things we have to an instant classic in a while.

21. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Agreed on all points. Insane how much it blew up, especially considering he was going solo from one of the biggest bands around. Real parallel to Justin Timberlake honestly.

Jason Tate likes this.
  22. PatRFinley

Yeah I still listen to that all the time, I actually listened to Strange Desire on my way into school today. I wish I could just have the new one already haha

23. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

So pumped. I wonder if he'll ever put out a recorded version of "Shadow of the City," I was expecting it to be on this album.

24. PatRFinley

Woah, I've never heard of that. Is there a good performance of it you'd recommend that I can go listen to?

25. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Not sure. I only saw him do it at the first SOTC fest, but it had this really catchy chorus, and I can still hear it. YouTube is your only bet.

PatRFinley likes this.