Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bleachers - Gone Now (June 2, 2017) Album • Page 46

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Mar 29, 2017.

1. zarofearth

Just got NY tickets - that venue has a capacity of 200 people. Ahhhhh.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Ya same in Chicago, it’ll be the smallest venue I’ve ever seen Jack in which is awesome. Loved the album on my commute this morning and I’m very excited to dive in more.

3. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Really curious to see what sort of set up they have for the show (like what will Jack and Sounwave be playing)

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

wish the LA date was another day :tear:

5. duritzfan13

all we have is time

“You Make It Easy” and “Blessin’ Me” are sooo good.

“Everybody Wants You” is still my favorite though. Those verses kill me

bodkins likes this.
  6. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Everybody wants you is so good. Half love has also grown on me. I love this album and I love that it is super short so I can just replay the hell out of it

JRGComedy likes this.
  7. irthesteve

Title track is still my fav, but there's a ton of great ones after one listen, very impressed

8. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

just saw that theres an LA show and i missed it fuck

9. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Omg the figurines are onsale on their website and I want them so bad! But can’t justify dropping $30 on them right now

10. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

These Red Hearse songs are funnnn af

11. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Damn this album goes by so fast!

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  12. duritzfan13

all we have is time

I'm really interested to see what the new Bleachers is gonna sound like now. Jack's developed a whole new 'signature sound' over the past couple years that's different from the bombastic huge sounding stuff he was originally known for. Started with it on "Gone Now" and now the Kevin Abstract record, Red Hearse, etc.

The dry old school hip hop style drums, far more minimalistic and condensed than a lot of his old stuff. I wonder if this will translate over to B3

13. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I kind of hope it does in a way

14. mattfreaksmeout Aug 16, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 16, 2019)
    mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I was actually listening to this today (well several times but on one of these listens) and just appreciating how varied his repertoire has become. I think he’s really unique in how you can always kind of tell when he’s behind something, but it all still sounds different.

And it’s cool he’s been branching out from just working with female pop stars. The Kevin Abstract album was really great and this is such a fun album. And as far as his more usual stuff, what I’ve heard from the Lana songs so far have been among the best she’s done, and the Taylor song today is easily the best from her album so far. There’s really nothing he can’t do.

I was so upset when fun. called it quits, but honestly these days I think it was for the best. (For Jack, anyway. I still think we need to file a missing persons report for Nate)

15. irthesteve

Despite not having it in ahem... proper quality, Terrible Thrills 3 makes for a really cool listen front to back

16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Red Hearse is great, so many awesome melodies on there

duritzfan13 likes this.
  17. irthesteve

JRGComedy likes this.
  18. zarofearth

Between this and the Fallon performance, I wonder if their entire live show is sitting at a table. Seeing them next week and kind of hope it isn't?

19. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Guessing it won’t be. In theory this set works best on TV. When you have a crowd that you have to work in a mostly GA space it probably doesn’t translate as well.

20. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Looks like they played seven songs at their first show in LA. They didn't play the last track on the album, if setlist.fm is correct.

21. eepots

Newbie Supporter

At the LA show, they were sitting at the table the whole time.

22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Any idea if there were any openers, what time they actually went on, and how long they played?

23. eepots

Newbie Supporter

Doors opened at 8. Red Hearse's set began at 9ish. No opener.

They played all 8 album songs and that was it. Jack tried to talk a bit to eat up some time, but it was over by 10.

24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Ok cool, I'm trying to figure out if I'll have time to make it to another show before. Probably not, but maybe I'll be able to catch some of it.

25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Red Hearse was incredible last night. The energy in the room was so great. Probably the loudest I’ve heard a Schubas crowd. Honestly was a little skeptical of the table thing, but it really worked out surprisingly well and was cool to hear Jack explain the reasoning (this was how they made the album basically). You’d think I’d have learned to trust Jack by now on these things. I’m just very happy one of these shows came here. I’m also curious if they ever do more shows (but in a selfish way I kind of hope they don’t.)

I also got to meet Jack and Sam which was cool too.