Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bleachers - Gone Now (June 2, 2017) Album • Page 11

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Mar 29, 2017.

1. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I hope it's Jack driving a minivan

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  2. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

This is just awesome.

Barresi and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

What??? He's taking his room on tour with him? How do I make sure I can participate in that? I just have more questions than answers now.

4. SteveLikesMusic

Yesssss. Some sort of pop-up booth at the shows ? Seeing him in June, so pumped.

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

That is insane and amazing, I gotta check this out

6. zarofearth

Was really cool. The bedroom was super detailed and Jack came around to everyone in line and took pictures/talked. There was a girl in high school behind me and he signed her permission slip to skip school for Governor's Ball.

7. SteveLikesMusic

So like...where was the bedroom today? Is it on a trailer or something ?

8. irthesteve

9. zarofearth

Yeah it was in a trailer parked on 24th street, outside the Sony building.

10. I know they were only very short clips and in the background of his Instagram story, but the rest of the album sounds like it's gonna be fantastic.

Daniel Brittain likes this.
  11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

So a few things. The bedroom was supposed to come to their show at Piqniq yesterday, but because weather was supposed to be terrible (it ended up alright luckily), he said he had to cancel it. I'm assuming because he didn't want a bunch of wet dirty people coming in and sitting in the room. But it was more than ok because my friend one tickets to a backstage VIP acoustic show where Jack played 2 songs and then we got to meet him (so I've now finally met every member of fun.).

And the Bleachers show itself was amazing. I remembered exactly why I always say Bleachers are one of my favorite live shows. And the new songs sound great too! Only complaint is that it was kind of short (we didn't get Hate That You Know Me), but I'm sure he'll be back plenty. So ready for the rest of this cycle.

Barresi and smowashere like this.
  12. Seemed like they were having quite a few sound/mic issues, which was a bummer, but they still put on such a great show. I definitely would have traded the cover and a few minutes of the "You're Still a Mystery" jam for "Hate That You Know Me" and "Like a River Runs" though.

13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I didn't think the sound was bad considering the venue (that place never has great sound). I wouldn't take out the You're Still A Mystery jam, but even though I do love how they do Go Your Own Way, I would've replaced it with Hate That You Know Me too, but overall I'm very happy.

14. Aoty contender

15. Elder Lightning May 23, 2017
    (Last edited: May 23, 2017)
    Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Oh shit. The hype train is leaving the station!

16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I don't need to hear the whole album to know I'll feel the same. 3 songs released + Jack Antonoff = No doubt it'll be amazing. It's going to be between this and Paramore for me most likely (but this will probably win if history is any indication).

17. bodkins

Trusted

So a definite standalone Encore episode?

18. duritzfan13

all we have is time

It's scary how many times I could just listen to "Everybody Lost Somebody" on repeat. According to Last.fm it's already my 5th most played Bleachers song

19. Everybody Lost Somebody is an incredible song

20. irthesteve

New song on Zane Lowe tomorrow

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I would say I'm going to try to wait for the album to listen to anymore songs, but I'd be lying to myself.

22. irthesteve

I'm definitely trying to wait now as well, we'll see if I can do it

23. I just went on a walk during work and saw a venue down the street setting up a show, so I went over there and it turns out Bleachers is playing here tonight. Now I'm debating if I should check it out!

24. SteveLikesMusic

DOOOOO ITTTTTTTT

AND go early to listen to the new album in Jack's bedroom trailer thingy

25. i walked around looking for the trailer, when I discovered it was Bleachers setting up, but it's possible that they're just not here yet because i didn't see it on a quick walk around.