Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bleachers – “How Dare You Want More”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

It’s a bop. Not as much of a bop as Stop Making This Hurt, and didn’t hit as hard as the Jimmy Fallon performance but this is a fun song. This album is going to be great

laraheart and SuNDaYSTaR like this.
  3. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Love it. Great song for shows. Gonna be a party.

4. ctigers92

What a great song. Yeah, it definitely doesn't hit as hard as the Fallon performance though, as the above poster mentioned.

5. gfunk

It’s a great song and this is shaping up to be a great album but I echo what others have said about how it doesn’t hit as hard as the live performance. I don’t know if it’s the mixing or whatever but it just sounds so… Quiet?

6. Eml182

Regular

the album version hits less than both this and the fallon version sadly. Hope they release a live recording of this from one of their tours

7. Mr. Serotonin

The youtube version hits more than the album version? I find that hard to believe

8. brothemighty

Trusted

Drop the new Lorde Jack

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  9. Eml182

Regular

Go listen to the album version - there is a reason Jack released the song live vs. the album version for the video...

10. Mr. Serotonin

What would the reason be? :crylaugh:

I'll have to check it out right after work.

11. whyte39

Regular

Really disliking the production on this album from the songs I've heard. Vocals way back in the mix is not at all my vibe (looking at you too, Gerard Way). That being said it is one of my favourite Bleachers songs.

heymattrick likes this.
  12. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I've got to be the only one that enjoys the mixing on these songs. I get why people wouldn't, but I respect the choice. To me it brings something unique to the songs. (And by that I mean it is extremely Jack Antonoff, haha.)

13. Mr. Serotonin Jun 11, 2021
    (Last edited: Jun 11, 2021)
    Mr. Serotonin

uhhh hundred percent :100:

EDIT: I mean i enjoy it too :crylaugh: not that you're the only one.

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  14. whyte39

Regular

It sounds like he's singing in a bathroom down the hall. I get what he's going for, I just hate having to turn up the volume going from a different album to the songs on this one. I much prefer the mixing on his previous albums.

15. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

I feel this. The comment I was going to make is, you know how Jack said the record he was taking longer because he was still fucking with the mixes? Well, I think he spent too long on it. I get the stripped back production vibe, but this song in particular loses almost all of its intensity because of how it is mixed. This song could HIT but it never quite does.

whyte39 likes this.
  16. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Although you can clearly hear his influence, I'm pretty disappointed by Solar Power, to be honest.

17. Mr. Serotonin

Solar Power is a dope name

18. thisisacting__

Regular Supporter

Definitely see the mixes as an artistic choice. I think within the context of the album I won’t mind it as much since I’ll be lost in that world. But compared to a song like I Wanna Get Better it’s like these new songs are ASMR lol