Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blank Check with Griffin and David Podcast • Page 9

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by TJ Wells, May 26, 2019.

1. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

100% and I can’t wait for Pixar to get wind of this and start making baby Forky toys!

coleslawed likes this.
  2. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

If a David and a Forky had a baby would it be a Memphis Kansas Breeze style fork/human monster begging for death?

3. jjnunn118

Most likely yes, but I choose to follow the Disney model here and believe it’s gonna be a smaller Forky with bigger eyes

coleslawed and TJ Wells like this.
  4. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Or maybe a cute frogpig a la the Muppets? Also am I crazy to think the Muppets could just run away with the Patreon?

5. jjnunn118

I feel like Muppets had its moment last year, but I’m not seeing the momentum this year.

Surprisingly I’m seeing a decent amount of support building for High School Musical haha

6. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah but with the amount of votes they always get on these things, the majority almost certainly coming from non-listeners (or at least casual ones), I feel like it’s hard to accurately gauge that.

7. jjnunn118

With the main feed I agree, but the Patreon tournament is only open to Patreon supporters so I feel that’s easier to predict. You aren’t really gonna get a big Twitter personality who can convince their following to pay $5 to vote on something.

TJ Wells likes this.
  8. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

9. soggytime

Trusted

#CarpenterCrew

I think there's a push to get a Ben W this year

10. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

TJ Wells likes this.
  11. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

What is with the karyn Kusama cult. She’s made two ok movies, a weird movie, and two straight up pieces of shit

12. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Listen... I can’t explain it, i just love her. I will say in her defense, Aeon Flux would have ruled if they hadn’t taken it away from her and re-edited it twice.

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Jennifer's Body rules but I'm also a huge Diablo Cody fan

14. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

She’s still hitting a Danny Boyle or more likely WKW train.

15. jjnunn118

Jennifer’s Body rules, The Invitation rules, and Aeon Flux is fun as hell!

Haven’t seen Destroyer or Girlfight but Kusama would be a short and interesting series

Plus we would theoretically get a future Dracula episode

16. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Aeon flux is one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen

17. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Also I feel like we need a long series after three straight short ones

18. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I have a soft spot in my heart for it because as a 13/14 year old I became really fixated on it and wrote an entire novel that was a bad plagiarism of Aeon Flux, The Matrix, and Battle Angel Alita. It is a disasterpiece and my husband and I will often have dramatic readings of it when we’ve had some wine.

Anthony_, Zilla and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  19. Anthony_

I feel like this has to be Carpenter’s tournament to lose right

soggytime likes this.
  20. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

Very weird how there was clearly some bot activity for Kusama and people on Twitter are acting like anyone who points that out is just a salty filmbro who hates women directors when like 1) that's so not the BC community and 2) it's not like Kusama is Campion or Coppola or some highly distinguished filmmaker and 3) Peter Weir isn't like Kubrick or Nolan or something.

21. Anthony_

I know Verbinski doesn't have a shot at winning the whole bracket but it still sucks that he's going to win any matchup here considering we'd have to watch Depp AND Armie Hammer movies in his miniseries

Also, Joe Johnston would legitimately be a great miniseries to do.

22. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Baffling that Verbinski is winning this. He's made like three good movies and a whole bunch of shitty "Pirates" movies. Johnston should be winning in a landslide.

Anthony_ likes this.
  23. Anthony_

Honey I Shrunk The Kids, The Rocketeer, The Pagemaster, Jumanji, Captain America like come on the hits keep coming with Johnston

coleslawed and Zilla like this.
  24. Anthony_

Truly cannot believe Gore Verbinski is going to win this round

25. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Can’t stop those Cure for Wellness fans ig