Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blank Check with Griffin and David Podcast • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by TJ Wells, May 26, 2019.

1. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I didn’t fully hate it like I did Mixed Nuts and Bewitched but I definitely didn’t LIKE it

2. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I don't know if anyone else follows David's brother on Instagram but he got married yesterday!

3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

i got to see love and basketball on the big screen last february, liked it a lot

4. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Ayo is so fucking funny

5. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I’ll have what she’s having!

6. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I'm sorry to say it, but The Old Guard is the only GPB movie I really liked. :-/

7. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

This Ayo episode is fucking all bits and I am LOVING IT. The rundown of the Larry Crowne cast is insane.

I kinda wish that movie wasn't SO bad, because it seems like it's kept Hanks from directing again (he rips it a lot in interviews), which is a bummer.

8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

9. soggytime

Trusted

Series is already off to a good start with I Wanna Hold Your Hand.

The first half of Bobby Z's career has some all timers - and then the back half will make for some great podcast fodder

Aregala likes this.
  10. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

We finally crossed the 3 hour mark for *checks notes* Used Cars

coleslawed, soggytime and Aregala like this.
  11. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

GOOD MOVIE

12. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I don't think I've ever seen Used Cars. Now seems like a good time to watch it.

13. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Watched Used Cars for the first time this week, movie honks!

14. soggytime

Trusted

The Used Cars episode is an all timer. Jason Mantzoukas & Paul Scheer are fantastic guests - and their state of comedy feature films talk is a must listen for any comedy nerds

riotspray likes this.
  15. soggytime

Trusted

Well this week is the big one - Forrest Gump. Should be a good episode

Aregala, coleslawed and riotspray like this.
  16. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Oddly fitting.

Aregala likes this.
  17. jjnunn118

Watched it again last night in prep, feel like your impression of the movie rests on whether you can get on board with Forrests voice.

I can’t get on board with it

18. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Oh I totally can. Nicole completely nailed it. A truly terrible movie that I have seen a thousand times.

coleslawed and soggytime like this.
  19. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Agreed. An endlessly enjoyable piece of trash.

20. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I just got to the part where he asks “is he smart?” and EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. :verysad:

kbeef2 and chewbacca110 like this.
  21. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Uhh...Contact is incredible? Holy shit. Haven’t seen this since I was 10 and apparently all of it went over my head.

coleslawed, jjnunn118 and Aregala like this.
  22. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

watched last night. way better than memory served. that's a top 3 zemeckis film, lest a rewatch of cast away proves stronger

coleslawed, TJ Wells and Aregala like this.
  23. jjnunn118

They touch on it briefly in the episode, but this kinda “grown up space movie” is 100% my shit and this might be the best version of it. Jodie Foster rules, the end with her father rules, and Angela Bassett giving James Woods the most underrated fuck you by pointing out how long the recording is... just... give me all of it!

24. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

Contact is most def one of his most underrated

25. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I was fully on-board to hate The Walk the second JGL's awful accent made it's appearance, but the movie really won me over!