Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blank Check with Griffin and David Podcast • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by TJ Wells, May 26, 2019.

1. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Lemme know if I missed it but no mention of Toni Collette or Florence Pugh for even the shortlist of actress is fucking insane.

2. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

3. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

If it can get past the matrix (and that’s a big if), I think RE could be a real dark horse.

4. jjnunn118 Feb 27, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 27, 2020)
    jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I feel like RE has a strong chance to get past Matrix. A lot of comments on the subreddit talking about not necessarily wanting Matrix commentaries since they’ve all been covered on the main feed.

Edit: for the record, team “force Ben to watch all The Muppet Movies”

coleslawed and TJ Wells like this.
  5. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

selfishly, i really want a spooky series to win. not enough horror/blank check content.

6. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

M:I/Fast and Furious matchup is brutal but I assume those are both gonna happen soon anyways

7. jjnunn118

Yeah both of those are ones they’ve said are gonna happen at some point. I also expect Griff to will a Muppets series into existence at some point as well, even though that’s what I’m rooting for.

Nightmare, RE, Halloween, all the Criterion picks, Twilight all seem like stuff that you would need a march madness victory to actually happen.

8. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

can't lie, i would also LOVE a twilight series from them.

9. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Is saying Anne Hathaway gives the third best performance in Rachel Getting Married a hot take? And I think she’s great but Bill Irwin and Rosemarie DeWitt both wreck me.

10. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

tom green or bust

12. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

If Tom Green honestly won I wonder if they would just do it quick and then do the runner up anyway

13. jjnunn118

If Tom Green won I’m sure he would be the next miniseries post Miller/Ephron just because it would be so quick, unless Griff gets his madman “10 hour episode” he suggested for it

14. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I could not be less interested in a George Miller series. Man. Oh well, at least it’s short.

jjnunn118 likes this.
  15. jjnunn118

3 weeks of Mel Gibson talk is very unappealing, but I’m kinda looking forward to the Babe/Happy Feet episodes

TJ Wells likes this.
  16. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Was it absolutely confirmed? I know Nora is cause griffin said they’re absolutely never doing Michael, but is Miller just based off David’s Letterboxd?

Aregala likes this.
  17. jjnunn118

David’s Letterboxd mainly, but Gabrus mentioned he had recorded a new episode when Griff was on the recent H&M Power Hour, which lead to a lot of speculation that he is on one of the Mad Max episodes.

It’s all purely speculative but it’s seeming very likely

Aregala likes this.
  18. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I’m so fucking ready for a You’ve got mail episode. And if they say anything negative I’m unsubscribing

Aregala likes this.
  19. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

RESIDENT EVIL BEAT THE MATRIX BY ELEVEN VOTES FUCK YEAH DUDE

Aregala likes this.
  20. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I really want a Dennis Dugan miniseries just to see what that would look like, but Brest has such a wild filmography

Aregala likes this.
  21. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

didn't realize there was a thread for my favorite podcast!

I had no real preference in today's matchup, but I went with Dugan for the chaos

22. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

this was the best

23. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

also did anyone here watch A Master Builder lol

It was the first Demme I skipped and after listening to the episode it doesn't really feel like I missed much aha

24. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I did. I think they were a bit too harsh but it also is absolutely not necessary to watch. Once I watch Ricki and the flash I’ll have watched every single Demme fiction film!!!

Aregala likes this.
  25. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

Damn!!!!