Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blame it on Bad Brackets (Bayside Bracket) Bracket • Page 26

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by 333 GANG, Jul 24, 2019.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

This band really knows how to open and close an album. All of their openers/closers are some of the best songs on each album (except Big Cheese - that's a Big Miss for me).

333 GANG and contra11mundum like this.
  2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Most of "Cult" is a big miss for me. That album is certainly my least favorite of theirs, but "The Whitest Lie" is another great closer.

333 GANG and CAC3 like this.
  3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

At first I was turned off by the pace of these brackets, but as I stated last night @333 GANG is doing a really good job of kind of reading the feel for each round. Honestly, there's no point of waiting a full 12-24 hours for a round if 85% of the votes are in and the other 15% won't sway the round. Plus, @333 GANG has been tagging everyone who hasn't voted yet (I know this doesn't do much for you if you're only logging on once a day).

Like I said last night, I've participated in probably a dozen or so of these band brackets and waiting a full 24 hours when 85% of the votes are in can be a real buzz kill - and ultimately result of people losing interest - as we move forward into the rounds waiting on just a few votes that won't sway the final results.

I don't think anyone would be opposed to a user commenting on songs or how they'd vote even if that round is over.

Joe4th and 333 GANG like this.
  4. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

I personally have always kept rounds open a full 24 hours when running brackets and keep them open over the entire weekend, but that's more due to my schedule than anything else.

333 GANG likes this.
  5. CAC3

Dog

I think we’re all upset that the Ghost of Saint Valentine lost when it’s clearly the best track on Shudder.

333 GANG and JRGComedy like this.
  6. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I’m fine with the current pace

Joe4th, CAC3 and 333 GANG like this.
  7. 333 GANG

ACAB

I understand your confusion and your frustration completely, but most rounds have been open for 14-16 hours or so, and the large majority of votes have typically come within the first 6-8 hours. If something has been close enough to keep open longer, I’ve been doing so, but we haven’t had enough voters in each round to date for the last 1-2 votes to change the results, so we’ve been moving on.

As @ncarrab, when you run a bracket like this for a band with a larger discography, if you wait 24 hours for each round, that bracket is going to take forever to complete, and in other brackets I’ve participated in you tend to see a drop off in voters. People get burnt out when it takes an eternity for a bracket to finish up. I know I personally do.

I also agree with the point made that if you miss getting a vote in and a round finishes up, I would be very okay with reading what your choices would have been and your thoughts on those songs in your next post. I stated early on that I loved reading your thoughts about the songs in play, and that still rings true. It just doesn’t make sense for the sake of the bracket to wait for a vote that ultimately doesn’t matter. I think you need to keep these things as fluid as possible to retain interest levels.

Not trying to rag on you or point fingers or anything like that, I’m just trying to explain why I’m operating this the way I am. I obviously can’t force you to continue chiming in or participating, but I’d of course like it if you would!

Joe4th, bachna84 and ncarrab like this.
  8. 333 GANG Aug 7, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 7, 2019)
    333 GANG

ACAB

Anyway, update:

Seeing Sound - 11
    The New Flesh - 6

The Wrong Way - 7
    It’s Not a Bad Little War - 10

It’s unlikely the remaining votes (3, 4 if Pickles wants to continue playing) are enough to swing things in the other direction, but I will leave this open until 2pm EST. Fair warning.

@bobsheiskawy @Leftandleaving @BoldType @Pickles312

BoldType, Leftandleaving and bachna84 like this.
  9. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Y’all are voting the wrong way!!!

Drewski, bachna84 and 333 GANG like this.
  10. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Listening to Killing Time in full right now.

As someone stated earlier, this one is going to kill me.

Favorite Bayside record.

11. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Flesh
    War

333 GANG likes this.
  12. 333 GANG

ACAB

The whole album front to back is really excellent. I’m not sure I could pick a favorite if I tried lol

contra11mundum and bachna84 like this.
  13. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

So you’re having us do it for you, coward :(

I hope you have to tie break the last round lol

333 GANG, contra11mundum and bachna84 like this.
  14. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I'm pretty sure the main reason it still gets played is because it has so much crowd participation with the "sick, sick, sick" chanting.

This was what I thought until I heard "It Don't Exist" for the first time.

... apparently we aren't voting the wrong way considering it's losing by a few votes atm.

333 GANG and Maybevictor like this.
  15. Seeing Sound
    It’s Not a Bad Little War

333 GANG likes this.
  16. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I love sick sick sick so much :(

SteveLikesMusic and 333 GANG like this.
  17. 333 GANG

ACAB

EVIL

bachna84 and Maybevictor like this.
  18. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Sick, Sick, Sick is a dope song haha.

Though the production on the self-titled and TWW definitely fit the songs, I'm so happy they went with Gil on this album.

Fun fact: Shep Goodman, who produced Bayside and TWW, also produced the first American Authors album

333 GANG likes this.
  19. 333 GANG

ACAB

That’s all for the opening round!

Final scores:

Seeing Sound - 12
    The New Flesh - 7

The Wrong Way - 7
    It’s Not a Bad Little War - 12

bachna84 likes this.
  20. 333 GANG

ACAB

bachna84 likes this.
  21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Killing
    Love, Life
    Monaaaaaa
    Strong Island

333 GANG likes this.
  22. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Time
    Love
    War
    Sink

333 GANG likes this.
  23. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Already Gone vs On Love, On Life may be the most brutal match-up in Chorus.Fm bracket history. What the Fuck????????

Killing Time
    On Love, On Life (B.R.U.T.A.L.)
    Sick, Sick, Sick (I like Sinking and Swimming but I cringe at the 'damn it all to hell' line so for that reason, I'm voting against it)

333 GANG likes this.
  24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

you both spelled Mona Lisa wrong

bachna84, 333 GANG and JRGComedy like this.
  25. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Killing Time
    Already Gone
    Sick, Sick, Sick

333 GANG likes this.