Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blair Witch (Wingard; 2016) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, May 10, 2016.

1. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Got pre-screen tickets to this at Music Box in Chicago tonight. Very, very excited, as the original is also one of my favorites. Really hoping it does it justice, even if it's "more of the same."

2. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Saw it at River East last week. It is definitely "more of the same". Take that how you will.

Zilla likes this.
  3. Where can I see that directors fan cut edit?

4. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

5. Jakob Allen

Trusted

Didn't realize this movie had its own thread. I saw an advance screening last night, complete with free posters, and I absolutely loved it. TBWP is one of my favorite movies, and this was a worthy follow up. It stays true to the original while giving the audience a new experience, in a familiar setting. The whole theater loved it, lots of screams and nervous laughter. Haven't seen a theater react that way since Evil Dead.

I want to see if again, and I will be buying it day 1 on blu ray.

6. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I saw it last night at Alamo Drafthouse with a live director & writer Q&A after. It's very much a retread/update, but it's still a lot of fun and Wingard makes some interesting choices with the found footage aspect of it (types and variety of cameras)

7. nomemorial

Saw it last night at Music Box in Chicago. What a blast! The movie itself kept me at the edge of my seat and, as a huge fan of the original, I definitely feel like it did it justice. I feel like found footage movies can get old quickly, but this one never overstayed its welcome and between atmosphere, tension, and good old jump scares, I was hooked. The theater seemed to be having a great time, too - once the movie kicked into high gear you could tell most people were really into it. Can't wait to watch it again!

Jakob Allen likes this.
  8. Jakob Allen

Trusted

Glad you and your theater liked it. I usually get crazy looks from people when I tell them how much I adore the original haha

9. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I'm going camping this weekend, Friday through Sunday, so I think I'll be waiting until I get back to see this. :-)

10. ChaseTx

The whole time I was watching it I kept thinking I should plan a camping trip

11. nomemorial

Y'know, as someone who hates camping, I also hate to admit that I had the thought "wow, maybe that would be fun" while I was watching this.

ChaseTx likes this.
  12. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Oh man, I love camping. I end up usually dragging a friend along because my wife hates it, but I've somehow convinced her to go with me this weekend. I'm definitely looking forward to it - I just bought her a ridiculous airbed/cot so she'll be in heaven. I want to make sure she'll go again.

stayillogical and ChaseTx like this.
  13. Jakob Allen

Trusted

I was 12 when I saw the original Blair Witch Project. Had a camping trip the next day haha

14. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

seeing this tonight at 9:30.

15. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

No theatres in my city do Thursday screenings, so annoying

16. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Going Saturday. Kind of disappointed by the tepid responses after I kept hearing what a horror game-changer it was.

Jusscali likes this.
  17. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Me too. :tear:

18. Jakob Allen

Trusted

I can't even remember the last horror game changer. But Blair Witch was really fun in my opinion. Just go and enjoy it for what it is!

19. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Just got back from seeing this. Third act was intense as hell. Really enjoyed how time was played with. Although because of it I thought the ending would have taken a different turn. But the turn it took was still interesting.

20. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I'm confused by the reviews saying how terrifying it was and such and the scariest sequel of all time, etc. I just don't see how someone could reach that conclusion.

21. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Is this good at all?

22. ChaseTx

Brad Miska/Bloody Disgusting is not a reliable source. Although they did accurately guess that The Woods was Blair Witch.
    It Follows was for sure, The Witch maybe

23. ChaseTx

It is if you like the original. It's basically a modernized retread, but it's fun

24. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I mean, it's basically The Force Awakens when it comes to a lot of things.

bstadtfeld likes this.
  25. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Fucking terrifying. Last 40 or so minutes was unrelenting. Can't believe we saw the witch, was not expecting that.. Someone left the theater crying.