Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blade Runner 2049 (2017) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Ferrari333SP, Aug 24, 2016.

1. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Kind of looks like the Star Trek Beyond poster to me.

2. Collider premiered a short film that takes place between the two movies.

kyle, aoftbsten, tucah and 3 others like this.
  3. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

4. Damn, that's long. Gonna have to go see it with friends I know won't fall asleep lol.

5. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Soooo incredibly excited for this film

JamesMichael likes this.
  6. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Really can't wait for this I'm hoping it's gonna live up to the hype.

kyle likes this.
  7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Hope he punched Leto too

8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

9. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Another prologue short film, about Bautista's character.

10. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Also announced today: Shinichiro Watanabe (of Cowboy Bebop fame) will be directing an anime short film "Blade Runner Black Out 2022"

11. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Ok that's cool

12. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

13. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

14. DarkHotline

Between this and Jared Leto, my enthusiasm for this is shrinking.

15. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

This movie comes out in like three weeks. How in the hell is the score not done?

Your Milkshake likes this.
  16. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

His removal must have been done a long time ago, with the news just coming out now

17. Unfortunate to hear JJ was dropped, since he's been Villeneuve's collaborator for a while now. How the hell is the score not done yet? Worrisome.

18. ship90 Sep 15, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 15, 2017)
    ship90

Trusted

This Zimmer news has been around for awhile now ha, but I thought JJ left because he was too busy. Now if he was dropped, that's strange and now I'm even more curious to how this score will sound.

Edit: Yeah this was posted like 2 months ago I wonder why it's now a news item again ha? I guess the whole JJ being let go. Very odd.

I Am Mick likes this.
  19. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

"Being too busy" would be a dumb reason, as doing this film score you'd think would be his utmost priority, being potentially a career defining score for him. Maybe the way he wanted to approach the score just didn't jive with what the producers were looking for

20. ship90

Trusted

That was an interpretation from an article I read a few months ago and can no longer find of course ha but it was translated from a French interview I believe so it is prob wrong ha! Here's a better quote I found:
    In an interview with Studio Cine Live, director Denis Villeneuve clarified the inclusion of Zimmer and Wallfisch:

“Johann Johannsson of Iceland composes the main theme as planned. However, given the scale of the task, Benjamin Wallfisch and Hans Zimmer joined the team to help Johann. It’s hard to get to Vangelis’ angle. We have Johann’s breathtaking atmospheric sounds, but I needed other things, and Hans helped us.”

21. DarkHotline

I just saw Noisey post about it today

22. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

So do people not like Hans Zimmer anymore?

Ken and coleslawed like this.
  23. His work on Insterstellar is incredible. His Dunkirk score is great. I just saw him perform in LA last month, and he was great. I like Hans Zimmer haha.

24. ship90

Trusted

Yeah, that's why I think this news is so weird since it's been around since the middle of July.

25. DarkHotline

It's the first I've honestly heard about it but no biggie.