Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blade Runner 2049 (2017) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Ferrari333SP, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Goddamn

coleslawed likes this.
  2. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Yes.

coleslawed likes this.
  3. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

This trailer warmed me up to the movie, gonna give it a chance based on this alone. I still wonder what's the deal with Deckard tho, hopefully a good reason is given.

4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I don't get why everyone is up in arms over Leto. He certainly wasn't acting very over-the-top in this trailer. Is it just because he is who he is? I get the feeling that almost anyone else in that role giving the exact same performance wouldn't have been met with such hostility.

5. Ger

Newbie Prestigious

I think he's on everyones shit-list now because of his Suicide Squad shenanigans.

6. Dog with a Blog

I don't have a huge issue with Leto except for the fact that I can't ever see him as anyone other than himself.

jkauf likes this.
  7. jmwhit04

May Your Music Break My Eardrums Prestigious

I was lucky enough to take a college writing course centered around science fiction, and we spent a good month discussing/writing about the original.

Very excited for this, great trailer.

8. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

What's the reported budget on this btw?

9. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

From what I've seen, over $200 million.

10. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Woah; with that kind of cast, an on fire director, and the legacy of the original to keep, Columbia it seems is wanting to go all in. This film is going to be huge

11. dlemert

Trusted

The first movie actually isn't my cup of tea but I'm nothing less than excited with what Villeneuve will do with this.

Also I think Jared Leto is a great actor and think it's about time he landed some blockbuster roles.

12. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Jared Leto is a fine actor, but he just comes off as such a creep that I have a hard time rooting for him to be successful.

13. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I enjoyed the trailer and I doubt the caliber of talent will be as constantly expressionless in the full film, but this was great.

14. Dog with a Blog

Good god I love Rich Evans

aoftbsten and Anthony_D'Elia like this.
  15. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

There are few people on the internet as adept as the RLM crew at taking the piss out of literally everything.

coleslawed and aoftbsten like this.
    fenway89, Joe and beachdude42 like this.
  17. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Just saw this... fucking lmao

18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

coleslawed likes this.
  19. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Blade Runner was one of my favorites and I never cared to know Deckards ethnicity.

I was more interested in the plight of the baddies (who we know are replicants), the motif of eyeballs, the themes of commercialization and globalization to care about that secondary story beat (imo)

20. Morrissey

Trusted

Red Letter Media did a long segment on Blade Runner recently. I feel a need to watch the movie again, hopefully being able to drown out this silly looking sequel.

21. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Ive been very skeptical about the film as well since I first saw anything about it. It didn't feel necessary. The once unstoppable Scott almost can't do anything right now. Why does Harrison Ford need to be in this. Feels blockbustery and fan servicey. If they're not inventive with the subject matter it will feel tropey and big studio in 2017.

But goddammit the trailers look great if not only for the cinematography. It looks like high art. I'm going to give it a chance with my entire heart. I really hope it's not ripped from my chest.

22. Morrissey

Trusted

Denis Villeneuve, Ridley Scott, and Jared Leto make up a cinematic Axis of Evil. If it gets good reviews from the right places it could change, but that seems doubtful.

23. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

What's wrong with Denis Villeneuve?

Night Channels and coleslawed like this.
  24. Morrissey

Trusted

Arrival was okay but he generally makes bad movies.

25. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Admittedly I've only seen two of his movies. Arrival and Sicario. Both were great. He's the only reason I'm excited for this to be honest.

Night Channels and beachdude42 like this.