Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blade Runner 2049 (2017) Movie • Page 30

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Ferrari333SP, Aug 24, 2016.

1. dlemert

Trusted

I could get on board with this but that article does not seem trustworthy at all.

715creeks and I Am Mick like this.
  2. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

It's 1000% an unsourced rumor until someone more reputable picks it up.

I Am Mick likes this.
  3. Dog with a Blog

If we are gonna get a TV/mini-series, I think I'd rather just see a proper adaptation of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? There are a lot of elements/themes in the book that were ignored in the movies that I think would be cool to explore. I adore Blade Runner and I mostly really enjoyed 2049 but I like the idea of that story being over. We'll see I guess. Really depends on who the creative team is behind it.

coleslawed, Shakriel and dlemert like this.
  4. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Yeah, I’m gona need more info.

5. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

SIGN ME THE FUCK UPPPPPP

beachdude and FrankieThe4th like this.
  6. flask

Trusted Supporter

I'm in. I was just watching this the other day too. It has easily solidified itself as one of my all time favorites.

beachdude likes this.
  7. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The atmosphere will matter more to me than Harrison Ford. If SyFy gets it then it's an automatic nope.

beachdude and Dog with a Blog like this.
  9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

it'll be a CBS procedural

10. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't really think there's much more to Ford's or Gosling's characters that I want to see. I didn't LOVE BR2049 but it was good and the end was ambiguous but tidy enough that opening it up again seems like overkill.

11. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I'm all for a Blade Runner 2049 TV series if done right, but I don't see the need for Ryan Gosling's involvement at all. I thought his story ended beautifully and perfectly in the film. Honestly one of the most satisfying endings in recentemory for me.

12. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Yeah, as much as I like Gosling and want to watch him, his story is done.

13. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I would like to see a show based on the outcome of people knowing that replicates can reproduce (with a real human partner). Deckard and K can be mentioned but new faces that are focused are would be great. Maybe still have Wallace's corp be the looming shadow?

Edit: I've always assumed that Gosling's character died. Maybe Deckard's daughter could be in the show.

14. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

The best part of the new movie was the visuals and score and I highly doubt any network would have the budget and talent to match it, so just do some other original sci-fi or something.

15. Dog with a Blog

What I wouldn’t wanna see is some action show depicting the impending replicant war and that’s prolly what it would be

16. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

That's probably what they'll do even though there are other ways to continue the outcome of 2049 without a war or at least focusing on a war. I enjoy the drama side of both of the films more than the action so a BR show about a war wouldn't be that good to me.

18. Dog with a Blog

Something that hasn’t been explored in any medium is the entire civilization up on mars. We’ve only seen this world from Earth’s perspective. Which makes sense considering the fact that a dystopian society makes for good fiction but I wouldn’t mind seeing what the new world is like.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  19. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Total Recall?

SpyKi likes this.
  20. Dog with a Blog

[​IMG]

Ken, coleslawed, beachdude and 3 others like this.
  21. skoopy

Regular

One of the things I loved about 2049 was the breathing room it allowed for in its delivery which could by all means certainly be complemented by a tv format. The other was the visuals, which I'm more skeptical of with this idea.

I'd love to see HBO give a dystapion futuristic narrative a shot but as far as a continuation of 2049 goes, I'd say let's leave well enough alone, and I don't often feel that way. I think it would be tough for a series not to delve into a more cliche replicant based resistance sort of narrative that the film hinted at and for me at least that is much less compelling a prospect than the more introspective character study feel of the sequel.

22. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Would obviously love anything that lets us experience this universe more. I actually agree that we don't need to see Ford and especially Gosling in this since their stories got wrapped up pretty well, though I would actually like to see more of Leto's character

Really hope this happens

23. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

I know we pretty much saw the plot-relevant bits in the animated short but I wouldn't mind a series set before/during/after the blackout.

coleslawed likes this.
  24. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Good point, I wouldn't mind some kind of neo-noir thing about his character.

25. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

I mean they set up the rebellion and war that I’d be interested in. I get that would probably involve more action but as long as they do it well and still maintain the world building,nuance, and thematic aspects I’d be down