Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blade Runner 2049 (2017) Movie • Page 23

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Ferrari333SP, Aug 24, 2016.

1. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

That’s the mystery *X-Files theme*

2. DarkHotline

For real tho, we know practically nothing about Deckard’s past other than his occupation, so it is feasible that Tyrell created Deckard, implanted the memories, and let him loose to see he took to Rachael.

3. Dog with a Blog

That’s for the prequel film coming Fall 2045. The Tyrell Origin Story where it turns out Jesus was a Replicant

DarkHotline likes this.
  4. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

there's just no thread there at all. none that was shown or could be inferred in either of the films. at all. and it's written to be the main plot of the new film. why? it's bizarre.

is it to shoehorn Deckard into the new film in a big way and make the stakes feel higher than the original because "that's what an audience wants in a sequel"?

5. DarkHotline

It could be that. I want to say that WB planned this to do better so that was set up to tie into a third movie, where the Replicants rise up and fight or something.

6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Finally got around to seeing this and it pretty much lived up to the hype. Absolutely gorgeous visuals, great performances from everybody in the cast, amazing music and sound, and a pretty captivating story. However I felt the length was unnecessary, there were several scenes of just walking or looking at stuff that went on too long; I felt that some of these could have been cut down and shaved up to 10-15 minutes out of the movie without losing anything. That's a personal opinion though, I know those moments added to the immersion for a lot of people. I absolutely loved it though and found it a more than worthy sequel

7. flask

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I loved the look of it so much that I dont mind the length at all. Speaking of things to cut my friend had to go to the bathroom right around the time he got to the bees and she was like "is this important? can I miss this part?" and I thought from here he meets Deckard and shit pops off....yeah idk when you should leave haha. She ended up going when he kinda chases K through the hotel and they fight in the Elvis room.

8. flask

Trusted Supporter

SlappinCups, Joe and DarkHotline like this.
  9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Damn the Elvis scene was one of the best parts

Also this is the second movie in a row that Leto was in it way less than advertised. Pretty weird that he was on the poster for this, he was basically a glorified cameo (though I actually found his performance pretty strong, particularly the scene with Deckard. Don’t get people saying he was a weak point)

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  10. NitrateDawn

Regular

The sex scene mentioned elsewhere and how the end asks us to buy into their relationship when there's just nothing there, everything without the replicants and Batty specifically is just not that intriguing, and there's just no one perfect cut. The final cut is the best but Ridley concretely says Deckard's a replicant in that one which removes the ambiguity. I'm not really a fan of him being a replicant.

11. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

12. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm thinking it would be/will be really popular in Japan

Bloodsucker II and beachdude42 like this.
  13. beachdude

I hope so. Probably has no chance of turning a profit now but ah well.

14. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

185 mil budget

224 gross US

what's the global gross altogether?

Hollywood has made an environment of impossible parameters

edit: the 666 was from ITs global gross. misread an article

beachdude42 likes this.
  15. beachdude

Haha I was gonna say, I didn’t think it had made THAT much... in any case, I really think this movie will stand the test of time.

Your Milkshake likes this.
  16. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Saw this again today. The Elvis scene and the final fight scene are two of my favorites of the year.

17. My appreciation for this movie just went up. Didn't know there was THIS much practical work put into creating the world. Weta does some amazing shit.

Ferrari333SP and DarkHotline like this.
  18. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

I just watched this again and loved it even more and has become one of my favorite movies ever. Hit me so hard.

It’s such a shame that it wasn’t successful as I don’t think a sequel is possible now and would’ve loved to see what the rebellion would’ve done. That said I don’t really need one.

SpyKi likes this.
  19. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I’m happy there isn’t a sequel. I have no desire to see a blade runner war movie

SpyKi likes this.
  20. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Id think if the right people are in charge like Denis, I doubt they'd set out to make what weve come to expect from a war movie or make it a blockbuster. I think itd force the mythology/philosophy even deeper.

Id appreciate even just the continued story around Ana and finding out what she is and how she handles it.

basically I just love the universe and im selfish and I want more :blush:

21. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'd be interested in another one in 30 years time if someone has a great idea but otherwise I'm cool with this being it.

Dodger likes this.
  22. drewinseries

Drew

That model work is amazing. Had no idea how much talent that takes.

23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah that model video really makes me happy that practical effects can still be implemented into a cgi film.

24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Now if only Jurassic World could have done that....

Dodger likes this.