Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blade Runner 2049 (2017) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Ferrari333SP, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

2. Morrissey

Trusted

The original's "biggest mystery" is why you would need a sequel.

The replicant argument is already overdone because people are so obsessed with cracking the code of movies. It is unclear and that is the point, and the only thing worse then people trying to "prove" one way or the other is telling us the answer. This is one of the unfortunate side effects of the Internet, like when people used expensive audio equipment to "solve" what the whisper was in Lost in Translation.

jawstheme likes this.
  3. michael_gatto

Trusted

100% a film that does not need a sequel but I guess there's enough talent involved here for it to at least be decent.

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

We got a title it's Blade Runner 2049

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Based on the talent involved here, this film should transcend the fact that it's very existence is unnecessary and actually be very good. Villenueve is one of the most exciting directors currently working, Gosling is great choice for the new lead, and Ford/Scott's involvement is reassuring. "Should," of course, is the operating term here. Although we haven't had any reason to doubt Villenueve yet and Arrival does not look like it is going to create any.

I'm really hoping for the best here.

6. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

Jared Leto though...

Schooner likes this.
  7. tucah

not champ Prestigious

beachdude42 and Ferrari333SP like this.
  8. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Looks awesome. I'm down for anything Villinueve at this point.

Also glad they showed Ford

9. Morrissey

Trusted

As bad as this will likely be, at the very least it will lead to a lot of people who had never seen Blade Runner to watch it. A lot of times, the movies they revive with needless sequels are just as inessential as the new one.

10. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

In Denis Villeneuve we should trust

beachdude42, airik625 and I Am Mick like this.
  11. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Villeneuve botched the end of Arrival so hard.

12. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I disagree, but to each his own. Sicario and Arrival overall were fantastic films

13. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Enemy is good fun, Polytechnique is an important document of a Canadian tragedy. Sicario and Arrival (until the last 5-10 minutes) are fine. Prisoners, not so much.

14. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

This movie definitely doesn't need a sequel, but with Ford, Gosling and Villeneuve (though I still haven't seen Arrival) I'm definitely interested.

15. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Villeneuve is one of my favorite directors. I'm on board with anything he does.

16. flask

Trusted Supporter

Thats enough to sell me.

17. Anthony_

Looks like they're conveying the right tone. And that's really all one can hope for with a teaser. Villenueve was definitely a great choice for this, the look of everything here feels right. I like what I'm seeing, for sure.

I'm also in for whatever Villenueve does from now on so I would be excited to see his next film regardless of whether it had anything to do with Blade Runner or not.

beachdude42 likes this.
  18. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

yeah, can't wait for this

19. Morrissey

Trusted

Every other film he has made has been bad, at least the two I saw. Why would there be a different expectation?

20. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Which ones did you see? His most recent ones, Sicario and Arrival, were fantastic, so we have every reason to believe that this sequel should be just as good

21. Morrissey

Trusted

Sicario and Incendies. Both were pretty bad, but Incendies was horrific.

22. Anthony_

Fixed.

fenway89 and airik625 like this.
  23. Morrissey

Trusted

That is pretty dumb. Why not do that sort of nonsense to everyone else who said that the films were great without ad writing qualifiers?

24. Anthony_

Because several of his films (at least his last three) have been recognized as objectively good by more people than I can count. It's just a patently incorrect statement to say his films are "bad." Opinions, on the other hand, are never incorrect.

25. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

So if someone states their opinion, but you know a bunch of people who disagree, it's incorrect?