Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

BLACKPINK - The Album (October 2, 2020) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Tim, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I know there's a K-pop thread, but that thread's too serious about keeping up with K-pop as a whole, & I'm just a normie who's super into Lisa, Jisoo, Rosé, & Jennie, so... *shrug*

Hendri Jermias, emojedi and Contender like this.
  2. emojedi

Trusted

Man Lisa looks different in that picture

Hendri Jermias likes this.
  3. Can't say my expectations are high considering the upcoming pre-release single is rumored to feature... Selena Gomez but we'll see

4. Tim

I mean, I’d personally be pretty into a Selena Gomez feature, lol.

Maybe that’d finally motivate me to listen to her most recent album, when I never got around to in spite of generally digging the first couple singles.

5. sksksksk

6. Tim

Wish this hadn't come out at the tail end of summer. Thankfully, it's still summery out most days, & I still got a Dairy Queen gift card I haven't used yet, lol.

7. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I don't like the song all that much, but it's really awesome to see them working with so many different artists and breaking into the mainstream here.

8. emojedi

Trusted

wow this is maybe their worst song...

9. Well... hopefully the six other songs are great. Trying to remain positive.

10. Tim

I’m gonna be the only tasteless fool on the site who enjoys this, aren’t I? lol. I’m glad I like it more than most of Rare, which continues my trend of disliking every other Selena Gomez album. It’s the right kinda dumb fun for me right now.

MysteryKnight likes this.
  11. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

I enjoy it. I'm not a k-pop fan in the slightest but there's something about Blackpink that I really like, so I'm excited for this album.

12. Tim

Blackpink really has settled into being K-pop for people who aren’t normally into K-pop, but I’ve honestly never seen the problem with liking “[thing] for people not normally into [thing],” lol. I’ve messed around with a little Twice & Red Velvet on occasion, & there are a couple IU songs I love, but I’m mostly fine with the simplicity of Blackpink fandom.

And, by “Blackpink fandom” I mean my personal experience of being a fan. The actual fandom, like the stan stuff on Twitter & whatnot, is... very much so not for this over-30-year-old? lol.

MysteryKnight, Crisp X and Contender like this.

13. God bless this channel

Hendri Jermias and Tim like this.
  14. Tim

Didn’t realize Victoria Monét & Ariana Grande had writing credits on “Ice Cream,” along with Tommy Brown. Makes sense that I’m as into it as I am, lol.

Ready for the Cardi B collaboration.

15. I don't know what to think about David Guetta's involvement. It better be a huge electropop banger ala 2NE1.

16. emojedi

Trusted

Besides Ice Cream being the worst song ever made this album is surprisingly good

michael_gatto likes this.
  17. Tim

“Ice Cream” is one of my favorites, so... :teethsmile:

Only gave this one listen so far, but I mostly dig it. “Ice Cream” through “Lovesick Girls” is a really fun stretch, & that’s literally half the album, lol.

18. emojedi

Trusted

I kinda wish YG wasnt so against releasing full length albums instead of these borderline EPs so infrequently

19. Maybe a repackage is already planned but yeah knowing YG, I'm not counting on it.

emojedi likes this.
  20. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Enjoyed How You Like That and Ice Cream, so I gave this a listen last night and thought it was a ton of fun. Appreciating it as a kind of intro to kpop album

Tim likes this.
  21. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Really liking this so far.

22. michael_gatto

Trusted

Listened to this a few times today, really enjoying it!

23. Tim

“You Never Know” ends so abruptly, which makes it the perfect closer because you reach the end of *The Album* & think, “wait, that’s it?” Accidental work of art right there.

I will say this about the length: After that 1975 album, which I genuinely enjoy start to finish but still haven’t really fully gotten into... Having an album that’s too short is actually kinda refreshing, lol. I’m already a fan of every song on here.

24. Tim

861ABBBD-1990-4144-A6B1-805C6FD15CC0.jpeg

Saw this picture in a tweet, & the algorithm perfectly cropped Jisoo out of the preview, lol.

This, her vibe in any English language interview, & her one line in “Ice Cream” are 100% me in any group setting. As the kids used to say, #relatable.

25. michael_gatto

Trusted

Light Up The Sky is out on Netflix. I thought it was very well done. My only real complaint is Jisoo felt like she got the shortest of the individual focus parts, but other than that really solid documentary.