Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

BlacKkKlansman (Spike Lee, August 10th, 2018) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 10, 2018.

1. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

This is great, definitely go see if you can!

2. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

This was okay but it goes way too easy on police and non-cartoonishly stupid racist white people

3. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I live in Virginia. What a memorable film.

4. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

I really enjoyed this.

5. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

The end of this movie made me pretty upset. Great film.

Connor likes this.
  6. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

This was fantastic, love that the dude from I, Tonya was in this. The scene at the end where Ron revealed himself to David Duke was so well executed. That extended shot of David in the office looking stunned got the most staggered laughter I've ever heard in a theater.

Connor, chewbacca110 and Zilla like this.
  7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

OMFG the cop who sounds exactly like Steve Buscemi is his brother, I wasn't losing my mind, but how do they have the same voice

8. John sounds so much like Denzel

This was great. The end was so impactful.

9. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Really really liked this, good mix of comedy and drama. Didn’t know anything about the story beforehand.

I was wondering if it was intentional to release this on the one year anniversary of Charlottesville... was not expecting to get emotional in the end revisiting that terrible footage

Connor likes this.
  10. Jake Gyllenhaal

Did not know that... The guy who sold the C4 is brothers with John Turturro

Connor and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  11. Everyone was so good in this. I have never heard of Laura Harrier before this and I thought she was fantastic. Adam Driver crushed it.

Also, it's funny that Alec Baldwin shows up everywhere when you least expect it.

Connor likes this.
  12. Jake Gyllenhaal

He takes any opportunity to lampoon republicans/racists

Connor likes this.
  13. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Going in I was apprehensive about a movie about race where the cops were heroes, but it asks "can a cop change things from the inside" and pretty emphatically answers "no, not at all", so that was a relief.

Spike's best in a long time, even as a Chi-Raq defender. He's a master. The tension in the Harry Belafonte/Klan initiation scene, then the stand-off chase/climax, were unreal.

Connor and inwaves like this.
  14. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I did not know that was Denzel’s son. He was great.

JimmyIymmiJ and Connor like this.
  15. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I get there being a critique of this movie focusing on overt, blatant racism, which is easy to lampoon, but part of Spike’s point, which he hammers home with David Duke and the Charlottesville/Trump footage, is that this racism learned how to hide in the background and fester and not actually disappear, but somehow reappear in full force in 2017, and that, as good as it feels to see four cops fight it and laugh at David Duke in the end, they didn’t ultimately change much and their institution actively squashed their efforts. The movie draws direct comparisons between the police and KKK and works on a few levels of showing us that, fun as our movie heroes are, they aren’t “the police” we know, they aren’t the institution of police.

16. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Two days later and I can't stop thinking about this. That ending was moving. I've never seen a movie where everyone in the theater sat through the credits (without a stinger) like they did with this.

Connor and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.
  17. jmwhit04

May Your Music Break My Eardrums Prestigious

Did anyone else at any point think to themselves that Felix was Rickety Cricket? I seriously was oscillating between yes and no throughout the movie lol.

18. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Awesome

Connor likes this.
  19. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

This was my first Spike Lee film. I absolutely loved it, and Jesus Christ what an emotional ending.

Connor likes this.
  20. Jake Gyllenhaal

He’s hit or miss most of the time. You need to watch Do The Right Thing

Connor likes this.
  21. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Definitely interested in that, Inside Man, and 25th Hour.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  22. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

This was a very interesting movie to watch the day after seeing Blindspotting

23. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

This movie stunned me. I cannot wait to see it again.

inwaves likes this.
  24. Jake Gyllenhaal

I consider 25th Hour a companion movie to Do The Right Thing, so watch that second.

Connor and inwaves like this.
  25. Love 25th Hour.

Connor, mike1885 and inwaves like this.