Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Black Widow (Cate Shortland, July 9, 2021) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

4. GBlades

Trusted

Black Widow is an upcoming superhero film, based on the Marvel Comics superheroine of the same name. It is intended to be an installment in Phase Four of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Kevin Feige announced that a film based on Black Widow had begun development. Jac Schaeffer & Ned Benson were hired to write the script for the project. Marvel hired Cate Shortland to direct the film.

Rumoured Cast:

Scarlett Johansson - Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow
    Florence Pugh
    Rachel Weisz
    David Harbour
    O-T ***benle

Sebastian Koch
    Alec Baldwin

5. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Subbing

6. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

There was already a Black Widow thread.

7. GBlades

Trusted

Done a search and could not find, i'll get this deleted!

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'll just merge them. No worries!

GBlades likes this.
  9. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

okay i’m cautious about this one

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

bumping to make merging easier. lol

11. Tim

I'm excited for this insofar as I'm excited for more Natasha, who had the right resolution to her story in Endgame but didn't get her proper due before getting there. She's great in the first Avengers film, Winter Soldier, & one scene of Civil War, plus Endgame. But, Ultron did her dirty, & her next couple appearances were largely spent on the sidelines. And, even her best roles were stuck in a b-plot.

My one big concern: prequel syndrome. That's largely why Solo felt so pointless to me (outside of the whole Lord & Miller disappointment). I don't want a connect the dots plot that "finally" shows us Budapest, how she got her scar from Winter Soldier, her father she never knew that Red Skull mentioned, extensive Red Room training & exposition, & her sterilization. If a couple of those things organically fit a compelling story w/ a point beyond live action Wikipedia article, dope, but tell a story that I can actually care about. More character and/or theme, less plot.

Captain Marvel largely did ok w/ that, so I'm hopeful, but it could go south pretty easily.

12. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Don't think they'll be able to resist putting Renner in this as well. Probably not for the whole thing but I would be really surprised if he wasn't involved in some capacity.

13. Tim

Honestly, while I do NOT want a third act set in Budapest or whatever, I do think the best version of this could include Clint and/or Fury. Natasha didn't really learn to trust people 'til Winter Soldier, but she clearly had some turn between Red Room & SHIELD, which is a story that'd actually be worth looking at so we can have a character arc. And, I think it'd be appropriate for a character we know to be part of that.

14. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

yeah i remember Nat saying that Clint was sent to kill her but recruited her instead (in Avengers i think) i feel like they're going to use that as one of the acts in the movie

15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

According to Sebastian Stan this film takes place shortly after Civil War.

16. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

17. Tim

Florence Pugh rules, more excited for her than ScarJo in this tbh.

(Though, as much as ScarJo continues to say super dumb things, after Endgame, I am still also excited for more of her, tbh.)

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Yeah I'm sure I'll dig her in this but still gonna make fun of her for the tree thing

Tim likes this.
  19. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

david harbour my dad

coleslawed likes this.
  20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Lfg

21. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Fuck yeah. Taskmaster rules.

23. Nice. Hope to see more Winter Soldier/Civil War-type action

24. Tim

What a goofy tweet, lol. Endgame had distinctly, refreshingly little action for what you'd expect until the third act, when it was all delightfully bonkers action. Superhero blog writers are so dumb.

Anyways, I agree with you. I just hope that they actually put some work into doing the grounded action well, like w/out having to give the cameraperson hardcore whiplash, lol. I ain't expecting Marvel Studios & Scarlett Johansson to give us the dopest long take action sequences or anything, but bringing thing down & a bit more practical, etc., would be a nice change of pace before Eternals, Strange, & Thor. (Hoping The Mandarin doesn't keep Shang-Chi from going even further in that direction.)

25. I do follow them, but Screen Rant is one of the worst offenders when it comes to that stuff haha. And yes, I don't need anything too crazy like the John Wick or Raid movies, but action that feels grounded and practical is something I'm always excited for. And like you said, with the upcoming slate, Marvel has a good opportunity to do a little bit of everything across these movies.