Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Black Widow (Cate Shortland, July 9, 2021) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

might get some footage tonight

2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  4. David Harbour's beard is majestic

coleslawed and phaynes12 like this.
  5. PauLo

43% Burnt

Shame the character it's attached to is probably not long for this world :uhoh:

6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

The cast for this is the only reason I’m excited. Put Florence in everything

7. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

E39EEC6A-14F2-43E2-B426-7E744E2FD299.jpeg

8. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

seems pretty clear at this point weisz is taskmaster

9. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I’m hoping taskmaster’s identity isn’t revealed and we never see a face, but if we do I’m expecting a nobody behind it.

10. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

That’s not very MCU though. Right? I am not thinking about it too much. But I feel like they couldn’t resist it.

11. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

It will probably be a plot twist reveal but it would be cool if it wasn’t too

12. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Agreed

13. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

14. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

15. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Delayed to November 6th

16. Edited the thread title

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

they will not rest until they own everyone in Hollywood lol

Cameron, Anthony_ and phaynes12 like this.
  18. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

See as much as I like Pugh this is kind of what I was hoping wouldn’t happen after Endgame. Like it’s one thing for Sam Wilson to become the new Captain America, because the passage of that baton makes narrative sense and is awesome, but I don’t want them to have too many “new” versions of the same types of heroes that we said goodbye to already. Like I don’t need a “new” Black Widow or a “new” Iron Man, at least not for a while. Let the more recent returning heroes like T’Challa, Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, and Captain Marvel take the lead while introducing new and different heroes to the mix (Shang-Chi, the Fantastic Four, etc.).

awakeohsleeper, Cameron and phaynes12 like this.
  19. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I knew Pugh would be the next black widow and I’m here for it. Pugh is a top tier actress and having her in the MCU is a blessing.

stayillogical likes this.
  20. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

10000%.

it’s extremely not shocking for a massive IP to recycle what has already worked instead of coming up with an original idea, though

Anthony_ likes this.
  21. Anthony_

Yeah I mean I'm not surprised by it, I'm just disappointed.

phaynes12 likes this.
  22. Anthony_

Pugh is a massive upgrade from Scarlett though, that's for sure.

jkauf, Cameron and phaynes12 like this.
  23. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I, for one, will enjoy watching Florence Pugh kick ass for many years to come.

24. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

The way I see it, why the heck not have mantles pass on? It's not like, for example, getting a new Captain America means we then gotta have one of their films every 2-3 years be a new solo Captain America film w/ that lead.

I do have concerns about oversaturation of the product, with us moving towards at least four of these a year plus multiple Disney+ shows under the same people. Which, relates to bigger conversations about Disney & Hollywood & whatnot, lol. But, in a hypothetical world where we're able to land in a comfortable, healthy rate of Marvel Studios releases... I think expanding the pool of characters & finding ways to keep popular mantles alive past their actors' tenure is more so a good thing than a bad thing.

Look at it this way: There's no reason why, now that "Marvel" itself is this powerful brand, we have to get all these characters on screen once every year or two. No reason why we can't have a major character take, like, four years off between films. And, no reason why the "Avengers" films have to always feature the top six characters who are currently simultaneously carrying their own separate film franchises. Get a deep enough bench, & you can play around with that a lot more, letting some bigger names get some breaks & some smaller ones get a chance to shine (w/out requiring a Disney+ show or whatever).

Plus, that also makes it easier for more dope actors to sign up for some Marvel fun w/out it completely consuming their careers. The way Chris Evans starred in 7 of these in 10 years, or RDJ in 9 of 'em in 13 years... That's such a big commitment, lol.

25. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious