Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Black Sails (Starz) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Oct 4, 2016.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I thought I had created a thread about this show already. Guess not.

The third season was one of the best seasons of television this year. More people need to watch it.

The fourth and final season premieres January 29th.

IMG_0091.JPG

2. I keep saying this, but I need to catch up and watch seasons 2 and 3.

3. airik625

Oh man. The show gets so much better with each season. You really need to.

4. airik625

You're messing up if you aren't watching this show.

5. Can I start the final season without watching 2 and 3?

6. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Is season 4 the end because that was always the natural end, or is not successful enough to warrant going to s5 and beyond?

As someone who never had to read Treasure island in school, I was really hoping that after s4 ends there would be a surprise announcement of a Treasure island series, chronicling the events/time period of the book within the Black Sails universe.

In fact now that i think about it, my only exposure to the original story is Muppet's Treasure Island. Maybe the tale just wouldn't live up to my expectations without the songs.

7. airik625

No way.

8. airik625

It's the end because this season finished telling the story they wanted to tell. It is definitely successful enough to have continued on.

9. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Dang, even though it's four seasons of television, it kind of always felt like the show was short-lived. Maybe thats just because we are in an age where TV shows can go on forever if they're successful enough, ie The Walking dead.

10. testtime

Regular

This show has been so good since season 2. The character development is amazing. I really hope Flint and Silver are faking a feud. Other than that, Anne and Jack are so great together. I hate that Max is in the way, but she's becoming really great as well in this final season. This show is so tough to dislike.

11. airik625 Mar 20, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 27, 2022)
    airik625

So glad to see others are watching. Probably my favorite show on television right now. I'm also hoping Flint/Silver have some plan behind all this. I hate when they don't get along haha.

testtime likes this.
  12. testtime

Regular

I don't know how I feel about the finale. It was a tearjerker for sure, but it made everything that happened for nothing

13. airik625

Yeah I have mixed emotions. However, knowing the Treasure Island storyline and knowing that this was always going to serve as somewhat as a sequel, it was about what I was expecting.

14. Ger

Newbie Prestigious

Did it seem like the writers tried to make Flint's ending ambiguous? It looked like Silver killed Flint (as hinted by the birds flying away at the end of that scene) and Flint meeting Thomas was actually in the afterlife (the color grading in that scene). Was Silver lying to Madi? He is Long John Silver, I wouldn't put it past him to lie even to the one person he loved the most.

15. airik625