Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Black Sabbath Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cshadows2887, Mar 17, 2018.

1. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

2. cshadows2887

Had to make this because I was listening to Sabbath Bloody Sabbath again today and am still dumbfounded that it's not a consensus pick for greatest metal album.

nl5011 likes this.
  3. cherrywaves

Trusted

Was there really no thread? Damn

I can’t believe it’s already been five years since 13

cshadows2887 and nl5011 like this.
  4. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I listened to Paranoid for the first time a couple weeks back and loved it, it was also the first time I’d listened full Sabbath album. Definitely plan on listening to more from them in due time.

cshadows2887 and nl5011 like this.
  5. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Smage likes this.
  6. Iain

Regular

There is a new Osbornes podcast with Ozzy, Sharon, Jack & Kelly. It mainly focuses on the reality show but has a lot of interesting tour stories with ozzy.

7. cshadows2887

I've only heard 4 of their first 5 run, but...you're in for some great shit.

8. Smage

lo mein connoisseur Supporter

I've listened to the main hits throughout my life since my dad is a big fan of them but just this past winter I decided to dive into their discog. I listened to the first 5 albums and I have to say Master of Reality is my favorite. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath was surprisingly also pretty good but Vol.4 really didn't do much for me.

9. ghostxvapor

Trusted

Looking for today is such a good song

10. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Those first five albums are something else. Never got into them much past the earlier stuff, but that early stuff rules.

11. cshadows2887

Taking a first spin with Vol. 4 today and I dig it. I love when they diversify their sound.

12. ghostxvapor

Trusted

Converge does a good version of Snowblind

13. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

pretty easily one of my favorite bands of all time. vol.4 is the lowkey masterpiece

waking season and ghostxvapor like this.
  14. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

The riff on Under the Sun is one of Iommi’s best.

Smage likes this.
  15. Smage

What does everyone see in Vol. 4? Genuine question since I know some people that have it as their favorite as well.

16. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

it’s got their best riffs and is the apex between them being at their most technically proficient and ambitious before losing the plot entirely with in-fighting and their substance abuse

waking season likes this.
  17. Smage Mar 19, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 19, 2018)
    Smage

See I think the riffs are more memorable on MoR and their most ambitious being SBS while still having that early Black Sabbath soul to it. Vol.4 seems more like a transition as opposed to a full commitment. Also not a huge fan of the production on Vol.4.

18. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

Been diving into their discography thanks to this thread. The first 5 are obviously great, but I was also surprised by how good Heaven and Hell is.

19. ghostxvapor

Trusted

Neon Knights!

20. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

I've been listening to Sabbath and Ozzy pretty much nonstop for the past 2 weeks. I just want to thank this thread for making me dive deep into their discography.

Smage and cshadows2887 like this.
  21. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

22. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Bumping to say Hand of Doom is just a brutal song

nl5011 likes this.
  23. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I can't exactly call myself a fan, and I'm generally not really into what I guess you could call metal (?), but I sure do love Paranoid.

nl5011 likes this.
  24. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

That album rules so hard.

25. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Magnetic Eye Records is doing a Vol.4 cover album featuring doom/sludge bands
    [​IMG]