Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Black Panther (Ryan Coogler, Feb 16 2018) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by AndrewSoup, May 18, 2016.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I get why. Definitely going with that Christopher Priest run's approach of easing you into this world with Ross. But, still hilarious to see two white guys open up this teaser.

2. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

holy shit is that real? i fucking love it

3. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

4. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Exactly my thoughts. I'm so excited for this movie

Eric Wilson likes this.
  5. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Going to be a refreshing change!

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  6. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

So ready for this even more after that teaser

Tim likes this.
  7. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

HERO. LEGEND. KING.

8. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

i've watched the trailer like 5 times. it's great. i'm looking forward to it.

9. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

same here. BP is easily the best part of Civil War. Can't wait to see what Coogler and this cast do with the material.

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen Jun 9, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 9, 2017)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

aww

11. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Yeah wasn't a fan of the fact that it took 30 seconds to see the first person of color in the trailer, but other than that enjoyed it.

12. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

That was a mind-blowingly good teaser. Wow. The movie looks fantastic, and Coogler is definitely bringing a totally different feel to this than anything else we've seen in the MCU before. Between another dose of James Gunn in Guardians 2, Taika Waititi turning a Thor movie into something I am rabidly anticipating, and now this, Phase Three is really looking like it's not going to be more of the same formula.

Also I just realized, other than potentially Captain Marvel, we're done with origin stories for the foreseeable future, which is good.

coleslawed, Tim and cybele like this.
  13. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Looking forward to this. Definitely a different aesthetic than I was expecting.

14. oakhurst Jun 10, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 10, 2017)
    oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I'm not understanding why people would be upset it opened up with Ross interrogating Klaw. They have to show some of the plot. I thought everything was good about the trailer. The way Klaw mentioned Wakanada to Ross before actually showing the city made it that much better when it revealed. I don't think what he was saying would have been that effective if it was shown after already revealing Wakanda.

thedrudo and Davjs like this.
  15. Tim

Should've opened the trailer with this:
    [​IMG]

16. PauLo

43% Burnt

Had to watch it about 3 times before I focused. One, because I watched it 5 minutes after I woke up and two, because the RTJ beat totally threw me!

17. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

i wasn't upset but did find it mildly humerous.

i guess they could have shown a quick establishing shot of T'Chala looking thru the glass -- then did the rest as is and no one would say anything.

coleslawed likes this.
  18. Tim

I do think that having those two characters talking about Wakanda and addressing stereotypes about Africa is a cool way to start. Kinda like how Christopher Priest used Everett Ross in his Black Panther run to address white preconceptions about both Africa and Harlem.

Granted, it'd be more effective and less comical if it had been Ross talking to T'Challa or one of the Dora Milaje instead of Klaw, lol.

19. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Is anyone else feeling a 007/spy type of vibe from that teaser? That trailer and the fact this film is going to be an important connection to Infinity War makes it most anticipated Marvel film (except IW)

20. Tim

In that big visit to Marvel Studios from a couple months ago, some of the press got to see a sequence from the film that was described as very James Bond-esque, so that makes sense. There's also a big action set piece that was shot in South Korea. Out of all the MCU films thus far, this will definitely most resemble the feel of Winter Soldier.

Shakriel, awakeohsleeper and oakhurst like this.
  21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

RTJ is in everything now. lol

chewbacca110 and Tim like this.
  22. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

imthesheriff likes this.
  23. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

That teaser looked amazing. Definitely the Marvel film I'm looking forward to the most at the moment.

Tim likes this.
  24. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i am hyped for the rest of the year now

25. Tim