Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Black Panther (Ryan Coogler, Feb 16 2018) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by AndrewSoup, May 18, 2016.

1. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Probably my favorite MCU poster

[​IMG]

Davjs likes this.
  2. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Haha, that guardians one is great

3. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

the latest Spider-Man Homecoming poster was just godawful

4. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah......but we got a meme poster out of it which never fails to make me lol.

[​IMG]

5. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

From what I've seen, opinions on their marriage are super polarized. I kinda get some of the appeal, but as someone who'd possibly put both in my top 10 favorite Marvel characters, I think making Storm an African queen is a terrible use of the character. She's my second favorite mutant (after Wolverine) and my second favorite WOC in comics (after Ms Marvel). She's too fantastic a character to be relegated to Black Panther's supporting cast. The X-Men are a better team with her in a prominent role.

6. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Can you imagine how cool the x men movies would have been if they knew what to do with storm?

coleslawed, Tim, Davjs and 1 other person like this.
  7. Tim

I think we've had this conversation before, but yeah, Storm is easily the character they've dropped the ball on the most. In a perfect world, the X-Men franchise would essentially be treated like a series of solo films, with different characters taking turns being the main character while the rest act as the supporting cast. You'd have a Wolverine story, then a Storm story, then Kitty Pryde, Rogue, Cyclops, Jubilee, Nightcrawler, etc.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  8. Davjs

Trusted

Man, I dunno. Cyclops got it the worst IMO. Not that Storm was done well, but at least she had things like screen time, lines, fight scenes and small stuff like that lol.

9. Davjs

Trusted

Someone already fixed the poster for us. Sometimes the internet can be cool.

[​IMG]

lightning13, coleslawed and airik625 like this.
  10. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

so much better.

11. Tim

I knew someone would mention Cyclops, lol. He's a close second, and I can see a case for him being first. While Last Stand treated him worse than Storm has ever been treated, though, I think they've gotten closer to getting a version of Scott right (in that mess that was Apocalypse) than they ever have for Ororo.

12. Davjs

Trusted

That is true, I thought Storm was going to be awesome in Apocalypse because of her look and shots of her in the trailer looked awesome. That is all we got though is what was in the trailer >:-(

Edit: Same with Psylocke

13. Tim

Man, Olivia Munn was such a cool Psylocke, in spite of being given literally nothing to work with, inexplicably used as a villain, and wearing a costume made by a sex shop. She really needs to reprise the role, maybe in the X-Force film they're developing.

14. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

My favorite thing about Olivia Munn as Psylocke was how excited she was about the role. Her enthusiasm could've brought a lot more to the table if they gave her a chance.

15. Cool trailer.

Anthony_D'Elia and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  16. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

So did anyone else jump out of their seat when that Black Panther trailer dropped during the game? I had no idea that was coming

cybele likes this.
  17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

imthesheriff, Eric Wilson and Davjs like this.
  18. Davjs

Trusted

Usually teasers don't do it for me, but that was great. That last shot.........

cybele likes this.
  19. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Looks great. Probably my favorite suit right now in the Marvel Universe.

20. Tim

Oh, man, I am 100% all in on this. Most anticipated comic book film, and it's not even close. This showed so little but already has me certain that Coogler is gonna hit it out of the part. Some sick visuals here.

Pretty funny to me that they open with Everett Ross talking to Klaw.

SpyKi likes this.
  21. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Very cool teaser.

22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

That was cool

23. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Prett sure I said out loud "oh, they're using the two white guys to promote this movie. Ok."

Tim likes this.
  24. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Really liked the trailer and I'm glad Klaw will be the major antagonist.

25. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Fantastic teaser. Visually really liking how this is looking. Different from the others.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.