Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Black Panther (Ryan Coogler, Feb 16 2018) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by AndrewSoup, May 18, 2016.

1. Davjs

Trusted

I assumed he would be in. I hope he has a sizable role.

2. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

4. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

I mean if this is a Wakanda and Black Panther centric movie that's almost completely removed from the rest of the universe I wouldn't think to include Fury

coleslawed likes this.
  5. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

Falcon is sad that Nick Fury forgot about him.

6. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

AndrewSoup likes this.
  8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

After the events of Captain America: Civil War, King T’Challa returns home to the reclusive, technologically advanced African nation of Wakanda to serve as his country’s new leader. However, T’Challa soon finds that he is challenged for the throne from fractions within his own country. When two foes conspire to destroy Wakanda, the hero known as Black Panther must team up with C.I.A. agent Everett K. Ross and members of the Dora Milaje, Wakandan special forces, to prevent Wakanda from being dragged into a world war.

9. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Sounds great.

10. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

Tim and airik625 like this.
  11. Davjs

Trusted

I get the background and probably chair are CGI, but it looks like his suit is too and his head is just photoshopped on the body :tear:

12. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Yeah that poster looks really bad

13. Davjs

Trusted

It's a bummer because I get what they are trying to do and him on the throne is such a cool idea.

14. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

That poster is as terribly photoshopped as these posters typically are, but even so, he looks regal as heck there. So hyped for the first look at this film.

15. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Scrolling up I was thinking this was the usual overreaction to meaningless things and then I got to the poster and cringed.

Davjs likes this.
  16. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I'm excited for the teaser trailer, though. Hopefully it shows a nice glimpse of Wakanda

17. Davjs

Trusted

[​IMG]
    This has been one of my favorite comic covers for awhile. Too bad we will never get to see them two team up in the movies.

18. tucah

not champ Prestigious

That's an awful poster.

hyped for a trailer though

19. devenstonow

Noobie

What the hell is with all these terribly made posters lately?

Seriously, give him the mask in that picture (and no terrible photoshop) and it'd look just fine.

Davjs likes this.
  20. So pumped for this movie. Absolutely loved Black Panther in Civil War.

Davjs likes this.
  21. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Thank goodness this terrible decision got undone. T'Challa and Ororo can have some fun interactions, but shipping Storm off from the X-Men to be an African bride was just straight up the worst.

22. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

honestly wonder if studio heads really even care about making a "good" poster for their films. given the way i see so many of them put together/manufactured, it just seems like they do it assembly line style and get it out without much thought, for quick promotion.

like, fan-made posters are usually so inventive and creative. usually because of an actual love for the format. i'd ask why they don't get hired to make the official posters for films then i quickly remember, $$$

23. Davjs

Trusted

Oh. I'll be honest, I spot read a lot of series and jump on and off all the time. From what I understand, Storm came down to find her family, and met up with T'Challa and reconnected since they have a huge past right? I thought their marriage was pretty cool, superpower couple. I guess I missed something negative?

24. drewinseries

Drew

Marvel has awful posters.

25. Davjs

Trusted

Besides the Age of Ultron poster, I agree.

I really liked the covers they did for the blue ray release of each phase, silhouette like and artsy.....like someone put thought into it :-)

[​IMG]

AndrewSoup likes this.