Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Black Mirror (Channel 4, Netflix) TV Show • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Apr 29, 2016.

1. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

watched the first episode of the first season. it was definitely disturbing, but I'm not turned off from the rest of the show by any means.

2. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

Episode didn't really work for me either, it seemed bleak just to be bleak, as there really wasn't a deeper point to it, which would be fine but I didn't find the story or characters particularly interesting either, especially because their motivations seemed so silly.

3. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Just finished. I'd probably rank them:

San Junipero
    Hated in the Nation
    Men Against Fire
    Shut Up and Dance
    Nosedive
    Playtest

4. mad

I was right. Prestigious

When you get to season 2, watch episode 3 first, then 1, then 2.

5. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

And save White Christmas for last

6. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Yes

7. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Shut up and dance was a terrible heavy handed episode

8. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

This is really cool, thanks for pointing it out.

joe727 likes this.
  9. Craig Ismaili Oct 23, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 23, 2016)
    Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

And they roped me back in with San Junipero. What an unbelievable beautiful piece of storytelling

figureitout likes this.
  10. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

strong agree with this. it was a little too much.

11. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Finished the season. Overall, not as consistent as the first two seasons but the episodes I enjoyed I REALLY enjoyed. I'd rank em:

1. San Junipero
    2. Hated In The Nation
    3. Nosedive
    4. Playtest
    5. Men Against Fire
    6. Shut Up and Dance

With a big drop off between 2 and 3 and again between 3 and 4

12. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Nice call back to 15 Million Merits in Men Against Fire.

13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

what in the actual fuck.... Shut Up and Dance that was not good, only episode of the show I have found to have a dumb ending, nothing clever or satisfying

tkamB likes this.
  14. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Underrated best part of the show is in "Hated in the Nation":

The absolutely glowing review proudly displayed in front of the exemplary Colbyn Manor Primary School:
    "This is a good school."

Way to not undersell it.

15. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

san junipero was great. one of my favorites for sure. i do kinda agree with whoever said it earlier that kelly should have just passed on instead of staying though. something about a black mirror episode with a happy ending felt off to me haha. but this was minor and i still thought it was such a beautiful story. also that closing shot of the mainframe!

16. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

"Heaven is a Place on Earth" on a loop.

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  17. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

thanks!

18. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Kinda not a spoiler but, I feel that the writers specifically wrote a happy ending for San Junipero because of the many bury your own gay trope endings. It's nice how in a world where LGBTQ couples usually have bad endings, the twister world of Black Mirror decide otherwise.

mad likes this.
  19. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Yeah I saw a post on tumblr that was like if black mirror, the most cynical show ever, can give us a happy ending then why can't any other show?

St. Nate likes this.
  20. chris

Trusted Supporter

Only watched Nosedive so far, it was alright. Pretty funny in some parts and the end I thought was cute.

Also only just watched White Christmas ep last night and wow, might be my new favorite

21. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I like how Black Mirror's version of a "happy ending" still involves both main characters dying

22. fronkensteen

Trusted

Can you explain what you mean? That was my favorite by far.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  23. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I mean, I personally think Nosedive had a happy ending by Black Mirror standards. Considering the episode was essentially saying how everyone is compltely unable to act and say the things they actually want to act and say because of the way our devices have made us hyperaware of the public's perception of us, and the two characters in the jail were no free to act on their baser instincts and act as human beings again. But that's just me.

24. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Also, a fun little easter egg I found in the last episode:

You apparently can't spoiler tag tweets so if you haven't seen Playtest look away now.

25. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Shut up and Dance is my favourite episode too. This article in the Independent sums it up well: "I'm 100% behind Black Mirror getting a big budget and an international spin, and it's been great seeing the new episodes play out like Hollywood films, but season 3's finest episode ends up being one with the feel of season 1."