Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Black Mirror (Channel 4, Netflix) TV Show • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Apr 29, 2016.

1. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

Think San Junipero would have been better if Kelly followed her original decision and died. Even with that slight critique I'd rank them:

1. Men Against Fire 2. San Junipero 3. Hated in the Nation 4. Playtest 5. Nosedive 6. Shut up and Dance

All pretty solid though.

2. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I felt super conflicted about the ending too. On the one hand it felt a little strange for Kelly to "pass on" to San Junipero after making that passionate speech about her husband and daughter. Buuuut seeing a story of queer romance, especially a mixed race couple, having a happy ending is so fucking rare so it was refreshing to see.

tucah and tkamB like this.
  3. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I don't think I can rank the episodes but I loved the season overall. Great mix of different tones, fantastic performances all around (special shoutout to Gugu Mbatha-Raw who is gonna be a fucking superstar any day now). I'd say right now Playtest and San Junipero were my favourites but it's hard to say for sure having only watched them once.

4. mad

I was right. Prestigious

A small thought on Shut Up And Dance - I wish to god they hadn't used that dumb troll face at the end

Craig Ismaili likes this.
  5. Derek

Get stung

Watched nosedive last night. So uncomfortable.

6. tucah

not champ Prestigious

She's had a phenomenal month or so, putting on some real excellent performances between this and Easy. Looking at her filmography I don't think I've seen anything else she's been in outside of Doctor Who (and don't recall her role in that at all) but she sure made a fan out of me.

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Didn't like ep 1 at all

8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Gonna watch ep2 during my breakfast in a little bit, trying to not watch more than one per day so they last.... we'll see how it goes

9. joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

Did anyone else pick up the White Bear connection/easter egg in Hated in the Nation? Thought that was really cool that it was a confirmation that some episodes do take place in the same continuity.

10. mad

I was right. Prestigious

What was the connection?

11. joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

When Blue was explaining why she decided to make the jump from computer forensics to detective she said she was the one that cracked a child murderer named Ian Rannach's computer and saw all the pictures and videos of his child killings. Ian Rannoch was the boyfriend of the girl in White Bear. Blue helped investigate the murder she was sentenced to the White Bear Justice Park for.

mad likes this.
  12. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

These were pretty good, but overall I think I preferred the two previous seasons over this one.

13. irthesteve

Playtest fucked up episode!! Similar kind of thing to the Christmas special with the time shift, but really crazy how detailed the whole thing was in this episode. Really sad ending

amorningofsleep likes this.
  14. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Just finished episode 4 and I think all four have been fantastic. This is probably already my favourite season of this show.

Only negative I have so far is the ending to episode 2.

15. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

The first three episodes were kind of disappointing (Nosedive was probably my favorite but it could never really overcome the obviousness of its premise) but goddamn, San Junipero was a masterpiece.

And Shut Up and Dance was the first episode of Black Mirror I had a hard time making it through because it was just so bleak and you don't really understand why he's still going along with it until the end. And it also follows the exact same plot progression as that dumb Emma Roberts/Dave Franco movie that came out this summer.

16. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Just discovered this show. 3 episodes in to S3 and the most upsetting thing so far is that I apparently missed a Bioshock reference.

Goddamn me.

17. irthesteve

did you watch S1+2 and Christmas special?

18. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

No sir. Started with S3 and will be working backwards.

19. SpyKi

I feel like that's similar to almost every episode though, they're bleak and you don't have all the information, you're slowly trying to piece it together until the reveal. I guessed his reason anyway. Also the plot is similar but it's definitely different enough imo.

20. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I think I just had a harder time with this one because it was so bleak, I didn't really like either of the characters, and you could easily guess the progression of where it was going. It all just kind of added up to a frustrating experience for me.

21. irthesteve

you've got so much greatness ahead in your life, enjoy

22. SpyKi

I loved it, haha. Probably my favourite episode of the season. That or episode 4. The ending was one of my favourite uses of music in a scene in a long time.

23. fronkensteen

Trusted

1. Shut Up and Dance (probably my favorite of the series, other than White Christmas)
    2. San Junipero
    3. Playtest
    4. Men Against Fire
    5. Nosedive
    6. Hated in the Nation

24. SpyKi

1. Shut Up and Dance
    2. San Junipero
    3. Nosedive
    4. Playtest
    5. Men Against Fire
    6. Hated in the Nation

Is probably how I'd rank them. Loved them all though.

25. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

1. San Junipero
    2. Shut Up And Dance
    3. Men Against Fire
    4. Hated In The Nation
    5. Playtest
    6. Nosedive

After once watch I have no clue where these would slot in when comparing the whole season, but this show is still just unreal!