Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Black Mirror (Channel 4, Netflix) TV Show • Page 52

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Apr 29, 2016.

1. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I'm down

2. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Can't be any worse than real life

Brent likes this.
  3. OotyPa

fall away

cool

4. BradBradley

Regular

Plot twist: it’s just an updated remake of Movie 43. That’d be the send off 2020 deserves.

SpyKi and chewbacca110 like this.
  5. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Movie 2020

2,020 shorts about how horrible it was being alive in 2020.

Brent, Serenity Now and irthesteve like this.
  6. OotyPa

fall away

Once we expect the credits to start rolling, the cameras will turn on us. And, for the very first time, we see the audience on the other side of the screen. We were actually in the television this whole time. They laugh, jeer, clap at our expense, as we finally realize we have been living in a Black Mirror episode all along.

Serenity Now and irthesteve like this.
  7. stars143

Trusted

I hope it's just another iteration of Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe yearly recap shows. I'm not sure how well-known they are, but he's been doing this sort of thing a lot long than Black Mirror's been around.

riotspray likes this.
  8. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

atticusfinch likes this.
  9. I never finished the last one

10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I'm always excited for more. Hopefully this longer stretch of time since the last season leads to a batch of great ones

atticusfinch likes this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

12. irthesteve

A+

13. irthesteve

Interesting that the article lists this being the cast for "the first 3 episodes" of the season and that the season is longer than 3 episodes. I wonder if it's going to be released in two parts

14. HARTNETT IS BACK BABY

15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

IN

16. BradBradley

Regular

Following Stranger Things, two part releases is apparently the new Netflix way.

17. irthesteve

I wouldn't call it new, shows have been doing two-part releases basically since the final season of Breaking Bad. It allows for a single season of TV to be eligible for two different years of award shows

18. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

So why did the walking dead do it cause that pile of shit wasn’t winning awards?

19. irthesteve

Well they wanted awards....

atticusfinch likes this.
  20. Big Hero 6 the series s1 is one 24ep arc, S2 is two 12ep arcs
    She-Ra s1, 4-5 are 13eps, s2-3 are 7eps and almost feel like a single arc
    I mean idk shows are weird and inconsistent

21. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

22. irthesteve

slimfenix182 and imthesheriff like this.
  23. BradBradley

Regular

You’re totally right, I just meant “new” specifically to Netflix. The Stranger Things release was, to my knowledge, uncharacteristic of their releases in the past. I can’t recall another two part drop on their end. By pretty much all accounts, it was extremely successful, so I would bet Netflix is considering the frequency with which they can get away with using that strategy in the future so long as it doesn’t alienate the user base they’ve conditioned to expect all new episodes at one time.

24. Ryanjayreviews

Regular

Netflix has done it a couple times. Bojack horseman and ozark were both two part seasons as well

25. irthesteve

It's definitely somewhat new, but yeah Bojack and Ozark, maybe a few others... just anything they think has a shot at awards, they want to give them double the chance to win