Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Black Mirror (Channel 4, Netflix) TV Show • Page 50

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Apr 29, 2016.

1. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Haven’t watched the second episode yet but just watched the Miley episode and wow that was shit.

domotime2 and y2jayjk like this.
  2. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I enjoyed every episode this season. I don't think any of the episodes were up there with the show's best though.

recall reality and teebs41 like this.
  3. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Only watched miley episode so far and yeah that was extremely low quality for black mirror. Easily bottom 3 episode.

4. GBlades

Trusted

Andrew Scott is a hell of an actor. What a tense episode!

phaynes12 likes this.
  5. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

striking vipers was so boring

recall reality likes this.
  6. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

smithereens was exceptional in large part because of the acting

recall reality likes this.
  7. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

All these were pretty awful

8. GBlades

Trusted

I don't know, I really liked them. If there weren't labeled as Black Mirror then I feel some people would have a different opinion. They were definitely not top-tier BM episodes but there wasn't really anything wrong with them, I feel we are at a stage where we expect top notch episodes and that's fine but the acting and cinematography, especially in episode 2, were beautiful.

SpyKi likes this.
  9. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

lol I just watched the Miley one and I kind of loved it. It was kind of dumb, but it was weird and bonkers.

SpyKi likes this.
  10. the rural juror Jun 9, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 9, 2019)
    the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Wow, all three of these were...mostly not good at all?

Striking Vipers is definitely the most interesting conceptually. It’s interesting to see how technology enables a form of sexual expression that language in the real world can’t express. And the guy who played Karl was great. At the same time, it lacks that bite that all great BM episodes usually have. Not bad overall, but it would be one of the weaker episodes in another season.

Smithereens is just paced so poorly. You figure out where it’s going (or close to it) like 15 minutes in and then wait for it to catch up. The acting is the best of the three episodes but they could have shaved 20 minutes off it easily. It’s also one of the only episodes I can think of that actually seems *behind* the times technologically.

Rachel, Jack, and Ashley Too is so weird and bad that I feel like Brooker is partially giving the finger to the fans/Netflix in it? Like that’s the only way the episode makes sense to me. It’s this bizarre, badly acted episode which involves creativity being sucked out of an artist to serve the scalable interests of a falsely benign corporate overlord, all within the genre of a Hannah Montana Disney channel movie? Maybe Brooker is getting sick of the whole thing. God knows it must be hard to keep pumping out new idea after new idea. But...I still hated watching it.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I’ve only watched Striking Vipers so far but really liked it.

12. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

It’s hard to phrase this without sounding like an alt-right type, but why would the fact that he’s a straight white male make it difficult for you to have empathy for him? Surely it’s not that hard to feel empathy for someone who feels guilty over a tragedy they blame themselves for.

13. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Vipers>Ashley>Smithereens

Vipers was the only one I would say is good.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  14. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

vipers was okay. enjoyed smithereens. should i even bother with the miley episode?

15. eight30

Regular

I think it has been said in here but the Miley episode didn't really feel like Black Mirror. The only one that really did to me was Striking Vipers. None were terrible to me and I was interested in what was going to happen next throughout them.

16. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I finally watched smithereens probably enjoyed it the most even though it still wasn't good. Very disappointing season.

teebs41 likes this.
  17. Watched Smithereens last night. Thought it was ok. Now I just have the Miley Cyrus ep.

18. Oskarr

Needled 24/7

I haven't watched Season 4. Should I?

19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It has a few of both the best and worst ever, so just go into it knowing that and you’ll probably enjoy it.

SpyKi and Oskarr like this.
  20. Watched the Miley Cyrus ep and found it enjoyable. another seemingly abrupt ending, like Smithereens
    Striking Vipers is definitely my favorite of the 3 and probably the only one I'd ever go back to.

21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Finally stared the new season, and I really liked Striking Vipers

22. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

was the Miley Cyrus episode just a super meta moment about her childhood or what

23. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

I think Striking Vipers is an all timer for me, really enjoyed the concept and the two male leads did a great job of selling the concept and struggle.

Smithereens kinda toes the line of “phone and social media bad!!!” Platitude that gets thrown around a lot by old white people ironically enough on Facebook but I think it does enough to make it enjoyable albeit kinda bland.

Rachel, Jack, and Ashley Too was really good and I can’t help but feel like it takes major inspiration from Miley’s own life as well as the controversy around holographic performances of deceased musicians.

I’m the type that doesn’t believe there are any bad Black Mirror episodes and I can find something to chew on in every episode, these are no different. Probably the weakest season overall? Maybe idk but still a good batch of episodes.

Cameron, ramomcferno and SpyKi like this.
  24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Smithereens is going to age really poorly for choosing to portray the mega rich head of a social media company as a truly nice, simple guy who just wants everyone to be happy and has no control or stake in his company’s descent into evil.

clucky and imthesheriff like this.
  25. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

We feel similarly, ha.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.