Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Black Mirror (Channel 4, Netflix) TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Apr 29, 2016.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Your memory must be faulty.

2. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

gonna have to check this out huh

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

My two fave for sure.

Hopefully gonna start the new stuff tomorrow

4. tucah

not champ Prestigious

San Junipero is up there with my favorites from the previous seasons. Wonderful.

5. Letterbomb31 Oct 21, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 21, 2016)
    Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

San Junipero is probably my least favourite so far, still very good though. It has to be the first Black Mirror episode to have a happy ending, right?

6. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

My ranking of the episodes so far is

3 > 2 > 1 > 4

7. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Hm, I'll have to rip out my implant and take a look

estebanwaseaten and SpyKi like this.
  8. Built to Fail Oct 21, 2016
    Built to Fail

You and I are panoramic

San Junipero was outstanding. Emotional and utterly beautiful. A positive look at how technology can further life. Genuinely one of my favourite episodes of TV I have seen.

On the otherhand, Nosedive I thought was totally heavy handed and featured some pretty bad exposition. I liked the speech and BDH but it was cringe worthy at times much of it was shoved down our throats.

Sometimes Black Mirror lacks subtlety in its critique of technology but when the show goes straight for emotions, it works completely.

figureitout likes this.
  9. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I was initially worried that the new season wouldn't be as good as the first two but I am soooo glad I was proved wrong. First three episodes were all great. I love how different the tone of each episode has been so far. Exit Music was a perfect song choice for the ending of episode 3.

10. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Jesus, Nosedive was tough to watch.

11. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

fuck I can't wait.

12. tkamB Oct 21, 2016
    tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

The "would you kindly" in episode 2 had to be intentional, was so well placed hah.

Feels like they came up with three endings and just kept them all but also ended with the worst one.

13. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Weird cause I'm in Canada and I have it in the second order

14. mad

I was right. Prestigious

We get to hear "anyone who knows what love is" in episode 5

15. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Oh huh, saw people talking about the fact there was an alternate order on Reddit/a couple other forums. Never mind then, I guess.

16. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Fuck I didn't even think about his interactions with the little girl until I read this. After the first two episodes of this season I didn't think this show could give me that visceral gut feeling it did after White Bear or White Christmas again, but this one hit me hard.

17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Episode 1 was really great, going to try and not watch more than one a day so I can make it last.

Also, good job to most people for spoilering things, I really hope that we can keep it up at least for the first week or so.

Good idea could be to post what episode the spoiler is from like:

S3 E1: it was dope

SpyKi likes this.
  18. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah, I appreciate the spoiler tags too. I want to come in here and see how people are feeling about the episodes but this is one show I really don't want any spoilers for and it's probably going to take me a while to get through them all as I have to wait for my girlfriend to be free.

irthesteve likes this.
  19. joe727 Oct 22, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 22, 2016)
    joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

Just finished

My initial ranking right now is 1.San Junipero 2.Hated in the Nation 3.Shut Up and Dance 4.Men Against Fire 5.Nosedive 6.Playtest, but that might change after thinking about the episodes more.

20. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Men Against Fire - what fucked me up about this one is how realistic it was. I would not be surprised at all if this happened in the future in the US military. Watching him kill the roaches without his implant was so rough. It also took me a solid minute to figure out that the final scene meant that girl he was remembering wasn't real. I probably won't rewatch this one much cause of the violence but it was super good

21. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I agree about the ending. I looooved this episode but I found the different layers of him "coming out" of the game to be a bit confusing.What do you mean about "would you kindly" ? Is that a reference to something?

22. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Bioshock

23. Oskarr

Needled 24/7

Can't wait to (nose)dive into this. I didn't even know it was coming out today.

24. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Hated in the Nation definitely feels like the most classic Black Mirror. One thing confused me though - it looked like Blue's bag they found on the beach was the bag Garrett threw into the river. Was she somehow in on it with him? And how did she track him down in the end?

25. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

It was confusing and I think the ending they chose was the least meaningful, not that any of them were particularly insightful but still. Definitely a very good episode though.
    Yeah, like was mentioned, it's a Bioshock reference and was pretty much perfect in this context.