Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Black Mirror (Channel 4, Netflix) TV Show • Page 48

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m torn on the ending of Metalhead. I love nearly everything up until that point, but that being the goal? Idk, I still like the episode a lot overall, just wish they had a better ending.

And yeah, Black Museum was pretty disappointing. I still need to watch Bandersnatch.

2. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Also, every time this thread is bumped it makes me want to listen to Arcade Fire.

3. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Is it true that once you watch Bandersnatch there are certain paths you can’t take anymore? Like it remembers that it isn’t the first viewing? I tried to avoid reading much about it but I feel like I remember something about that.

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I don't believe that is true. You can gain new paths but I don't think you can lose any.

RyanPm40 and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  5. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I enjoyed Bandersnatch but I didn’t go in looking for a good story or deep themes. It’s a fun video-game-like experience you only need to do once. I didn’t fixate on all the different possible endings though i do think I hit most of them when i saw it. Its fun to watch with a friend or significant other.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Agree on the above, it was a fun watch/experience overall

7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Ok cool. Now I’m trying to remember if that’s from a video game or something.

Also I think I’m already taking this more seriously than you all because I’m not that far in and I already feel awful for doing this to the poor kid. Sort of seems like WarGames and I should just quit and let him be.

8. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Not sure what to make of Striking Vipers. Almost feel like they bit off more than they could chew with some of the topics that went into, possibly unintentionally. Curious to see how the others are now.

riotspray likes this.
  10. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Shit, didn't realize these came out today, thought it was on Friday.

Unsubscribing for now!

11. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah Striking Vipers didn't really hit for me. About to start the 2nd one.

12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Andrew Scott acted his heart out, but that was another miss for me as far as being a BM episode. Maybe it was intended to be a “some anvils need to be dropped” kind of thing, but the fact that you’d know everything there is to know about the story just from the trailer is a bit of a letdown. And I also don’t know if the ambiguous ending does it any favors.

So far the acting has been the highlight of the season for sure.

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Who...thought this was out Friday. Probably won't watch until tomorrow.

14. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The Miley episode is............something.

I desperately want to post a gif that I can’t believe is actually relevant.

Contender likes this.
  15. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I loved Striking Vipers. Super cool concept and very satisfying ending.

Joe and teebs41 like this.
  16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

They all just seemed very middle of the road at best. I felt like seasons three and four were kind of split down the middle as far as great/best of episodes and duds, so these aren’t really any worse than those, but they don’t have the highs either. It being three episodes and super tight again doesn’t leave as much room for them to fall flat.

Also...
    1EA8F1C4-11FA-44D1-ABC5-72A39E160A76.gif

17. SpyKi

I loved the Miley episode too.

18. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

miley episode was probably the worst of the whole show. Only thought the first episode was alright.

19. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

haven't watched the last one yet, but the first two were pretty underwhelming

20. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I feel like I'm really gonna have to force myself to watch this season

21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

backed

22. Really liked Striking Vipers.

teebs41 likes this.
  23. SpyKi

Smithereens kinda sucked.

24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

The Miley Cyrus one is a 40% on Rotten Tomatoes...OOF.

25. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I saw a comment that said it was an R-rated DCOM and I can’t believe how accurate that is. Maybe the new “best” example of the show shoving two stories together and dragging both down by doing so. That really felt like a fever dream just remembering all that happened.

Striking Vipers is I think the best of the three, but even after spending some time pondering it I feel like the concept and questions were way more interesting and complicated than the way it ultimately played out. The internet reaction also has been (unsurprisingly) fairly disappointing, which is kind of a shame, but the show itself isn’t really to blame for that.