Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Black Mirror (Channel 4, Netflix) TV Show • Page 47

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Apr 29, 2016.

1. michaelvalerijr

Pressure's mountin' but I don't Everest

I think the true beauty of Black Mirror resides in the fact that both Shut Up and Dance and White Bear are in my top 3 favorite episodes, and Crocodile is probably top 10. I have never seen a true CONSENSUS list of best episodes, because reactions vary.

2. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I think White Bear is usually in the top five or so when I see lists. The only true consensus I can really think of is that Waldo Moment is the worst.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  3. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

White Bear messed my mother up enough that she totally stopped watching the show. San Junipero is the only one I’ve gotten her to watch since that came out and only because I told her it was safe.

irthesteve likes this.
  4. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

The Waldo Moment is seriously the biggest pile of trash of this series, haha.

I almost never ever see people say they liked or loved it.

5. it's a bummer because jon hamm is great

6. nevermind got that and white christmas mixed up in my mind

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Lol, I was trying to figure out what you were going for there. Although I think we must have watched the season out of order or something because I remember watching White Christmas with her. WB was just too much.

8. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Men Against Fire might be worse than The Waldo Moment

9. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Men Against Fire is boring and predictable, but The Waldo Moment is just actively bad.

Rowan5215 and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  10. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Waldo Moment seemed outlandish until Trump showed up and made it reality

11. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Waldo Moment is the only episode I actually struggled to finish. Such a misstep after how good Be Right Back and White Bear were

12. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Trump showing up just makes The Waldo Moment look worse because it does such a laughably unconvincing job selling something that actually eventually happened. If it had felt even a little bit clever or well written, there would be dozens of thinkpieces about how Black Mirror predicted the future but instead it’s just the episode everyone pretends doesn’t exist.

13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Honestly just thinking about that episode makes me mad, and not in the way it should.

14. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I honestly don't remember it that well. It's been forever since I watched it.

15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Really liked Hang the DJ. I appreciated that it was firmly on the happier end of the spectrum while still having a lot of room for questioning the system and what the end is really saying. And I loved that the title was so tied into the themes of the episode and still managed to get me excited when the music came up at the end despite it being almost a foregone conclusion.

imthesheriff likes this.
  16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Welp, the last shot of Metalhead just changed my view of it pretty enormously, and now I don’t know what to say. Seemed like it wasn’t trying for any kind of message at all and just wanted to portray a single experience in a world that has already had their big sci-fi war, but then suddenly there’s a super ironic reveal that I can’t quite grasp the intention behind. Everything before it was so minimalist that I don’t know if they want it to be saying something about human comforts or how much priorities change in a dystopia or something, or if they just felt like they hadn’t met their stinger quota for the season yet.

17. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

It completely sours the episode, which I liked pretty well up to that point.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  18. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The number of episodes that end on sour notes that undo everything that just happened or just make it into a joke is TOO HIGH.

19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Ok now this I just straight up hate. And it’s only half over. Blaaaaaaaaaah.

20. mad

I was right. Prestigious

which episode?

21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Black Museum.

22. mad

I was right. Prestigious

wasn't a huge fan of that one either tbh

23. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Black Museum felt like a poorly executed parody to me.

Why Bother? likes this.
  24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, it really felt like everything people
    make fun of BM for and accuse it of being condensed into one episode. At least Letitia Wright is fun to watch, too bad she wasn’t in more of it.

Curious to try Bandersnatch now.

25. I remember enjoying Black Museum.

Bandersnatch was a cool concept but became somewhat of a chore.