Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Black Mirror (Channel 4, Netflix) TV Show • Page 40

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Apr 29, 2016.

1. xkaylinh Dec 28, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 28, 2018)
    I think the first time you see credits, and it's still giving you options, if you keep going it'll lead you to all the other endings and eventually the true one

In other words, there's only one "good" ending, and the only way to get to it is by going through all the "bad" ones, because it seems like some pathways don't unlock until you've explored other ones.

tl;dr You've reached the credits? You're (probably) not done (unless you did everything right? idk). Keep going. Eventually you'll stop getting options.

I personally think the experience as a whole is worth it.

Serenity Now likes this.
  2. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

It's an older model Samsung Smart TV

3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Oh fuck. I have a Samsung Smart TV too. One from 2015, another from 2017 (although don't they do system updates every now and then to stay current?)

4. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

I'm sure your 2017 model will support it. I think mine is a 2014.

I don't have the link right now but Netflix's website has a list of devices that support interactive media.

Edit: @ncarrab

5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Does it tell you right from the start that it's not supported? Or does it tell you that once you get to the 'pick your own path' part? The latter would be infuriating.

6. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

If it's not supported you just get a trailer with an intro about that fact

7. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

This is soooo stupid. Like wouldn’t it just be an option with your remote directional pad? This seems like a huge oversight on Netflix’s part

RJ Knorr and awakeohsleeper like this.
  8. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Well I just got home and it’s working on my 2007 tv so maybe I was wrong lol

Brent likes this.
  9. I don't have a smart TV or anything and it worked fine for me, but maybe that's the problem?

Anyways, I loved it. Obviously grading on a scale considering they haven't done something like this before, but it was just a super bonkers ride between the meta choices and the conspiracy stuff. I was skeptical of the idea to begin with, but I had a lot of fun playing through the first time and was pleasantly surprised at how easy they made it to revisit previous choices.

10. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Ok, this was cool and I had fun with it but I’m a little mad at how suddenly it ended for me. Presumably there have to be better endings than the one I got lol.

11. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

I had a great time with this. They really went all out. Gonna be fun playing around with all the alternate paths

12. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Apparently my 2019 Vizio 4K Smart TV isn't smart enough... unable to watch it.

13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Loved this. Now I need to get that fifth ending

14. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

This was awesome...the Meta stuff got me so good

15. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

So what’s the “correct” ending?

16. xkaylinh Dec 28, 2018
    I'd say the fourth one on that article is the correct one.

Edit: using that as a reference, the order I got the endings in was 5-1-2-3-4, not including dead ends and similar endings.

17. Garrett

I got 5 and when the credits rolled I figured it was done. Didn’t realize there were four others.

18. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Apparently it has to do with the way Netflix pre-caches content to prevent buffering. Since it’s non-linear it has to pre-cache multiple paths and older versions of the app aren’t able to do that.

19. Garrett

I had no issue with my fire stick

20. chcougar1 Dec 28, 2018
    chcougar1

Trusted

I think that’s because Vizio uses touchcast or whatever (at least I think they still do?)

21. This was cool. I liked the ending with the game getting a perfect rating and history then repeating itself the most

22. I found a flowchart

23. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

That was the ending I got first and honestly yeah, probably my favorite one.

Aaron Mook and trevorshmevor like this.
  24. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

My friends and I just got done with this. Had a lot of fun with it. I think we got all 5 endings and finished with death. I kind of liked how the narrative plays out with that as the last ending. It’s like he sees all the alternative timelines/possibilities and ultimately chooses his own fate. It sort of felt like Looper in a way with that as the ending
    The meta stuff was great too.