Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Black Mirror (Channel 4, Netflix) TV Show • Page 39

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Apr 29, 2016.

1. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I took one look and thought, "not worth the effort"

the rural juror likes this.
  2. And I thought I was the one being lazy.

3. BradBradley

Regular

You were. I think that’s why they don’t want to work through translating your formatting.

supernovagirl likes this.
  4. BradBradley

Regular

I think it’s worth checking out in that if there was an unwatched episode of Black Mirror sitting out there on Netflix, I would watch it twice within the next week. That said, it was probably the most underwhelming episode of the series that has been made so far. It was just so... straight forward? On the nose? It mostly immediately was what it was? Sure, the reveal at the end gave some emotional color to the protagonist’s motivations... but, regardless... it was what it was. It lacked oomph.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  5. TedSchmosby

Trusted

it's alive

6. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

Fuuuuck it's not supported on my TV. I didn't want to have to watch on my tiny laptop screen

7. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Will watch it this weekend. Didn't think about needing a TV that supports it. Hope mine does!

8. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

there are some really wild endings to this, it's a lot of fun. you can easily lose hours going through all the nuances

the branch where you try to tell him what Netflix is is just outstanding

atticusfinch and supernovagirl like this.
  9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Wait what!? What kind of tv do you need?!

10. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I assume if I use a game console for Netflix I’m fine??

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

What kind of TV do you have? Why would a TV not support this?

12. delvec19

Trusted

Is this out yet? I just flipped on Netflix on my OLED and couldnt find it.

13. GBlades

Trusted

Search Bandersnatch, it doesn't come up with Black Mirror?

delvec19 likes this.
  14. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

So how does this work? I’m only seeing a 90min episode? How do they handle the multiple endings?

15. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Just tried to play this on my girlfriends parents tv. Not supported haha

16. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

It’s weird that it’s not supported by some TVs because apparently if you don’t choose any option in time it just chooses for you. The “non-supported” TVs should at least do that.

17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

18. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

So the only place this would work for everybody is like in some futuristic Black Mirror episode. Makes sense

19. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Tried this on my Vita Netflix app knowing full well it wouldn't work, kind of annoying that it even shows up just so you can play it just to get a trailer telling you that your device is too stupid for it

20. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

No Apple TV eh? Guess I'll just watch on my mac.

21. I have a computer hooked up to the TV downstairs (I think HDMI? I don't really look back there), and wireless mouse/keyboard, that seemed to do the trick. Took a few shots to load anything, though; either my internet was being slow, or there were a lot of people watching it at 5am PST.

riotspray likes this.
  22. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

My laptop is connected to the TV with HDMI and wireless mouse and keyboard too, so I'm hoping I won't have issues.

So, length wise, how much of it is the set up and how much of it is the alternate endings? Is like the first hour the same regardless of which path you choose?

23. tucah

not champ Prestigious

finished it, not entirely sure what constitutes an ending so i either got two (with credits, one of which kicked me out of the episode to the "up next" screen) or four or five, where it had an ending sequence but no credits and then went back to the last choice so i could continue on a new path. it's...fine. i think it's a weaker black mirror episode on its own and kind of thin from a character/plot perspective considering how long the whole experience took me but the choose your own adventures stuff is novel and the way its integrated into the actual conceit of the episode is kind of neat. i probably won't watch/play it again and feel like i got a good range of endings/different paths my first time through. cool experiment and good to have a bit of black mirror again but i'm ready for a new traditional season.

24. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I'd love to see some stats like Telltale games had where you could see how many people picked which option

25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

oh no... I was wondering if I would have that problem... will check today