Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Black Mirror (Channel 4, Netflix) TV Show • Page 35

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Apr 29, 2016.

1. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

it's very clearly the worst, though i will throw out a disclaimer that i'm only through crocodile of the new season

2. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Lack of White Bear in top tier is ??? but at least you have SUAD in the right category :-p

3. While still mid-tier for me, White Bear is definitely up there, but I feel like making any more than three tiers would be excessively picky.

Getting a lot of shit for putting SUAD in bottom tier, haha. I don't think any of these episodes are bad, though. Like, bottom tier is still better than any TWD ep.

4. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I honestly think SUAD is the best episode of the entire series, with Be Right Back, Entire History of You, and Hang The DJ close behind.

michaelvalerijr and TedSchmosby like this.
  5. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I mean... I can see how somebody would like SUAD on first watch. I've watched it maybe four or five times now and each time it's revealed itself to be worse than the previous time. It's very confused on its overall message- but I guess that's just my opinion. It doesn't really land anywhere, just all shock-factor--and it's a premise that's been done before, and better.

6. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Favorite: White Christmas

Meh: Fifteen Million Merits

Hate: The Waldo Moment

theagentcoma likes this.
  7. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Fifteen Million Merits is the most underrated ep

irthesteve likes this.
  8. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Really? I see it get praised quite a bit. I think it's heavy-handed and boring. It wears all its' critiques on its' sleeve.

St. Nate likes this.
  9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Is there a reason you think it's the best of the ENTIRE series??? What am I missing...

10. mad

I was right. Prestigious

guess I haven't seen much praise for it, but I really love it

11. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Sure, and it's all good. It's not bad in any way, I just never got the big praise for it. Maybe I'm wrong.

12. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

So I liked Metalhead a lot until the terrible ending with the teddy bear. Up until the final reveal, I would have said it was a top five episode for me.

But now reading through this thread a bit and seeing the theory that the teddy bear could have had a "cookie" of a loved one inside of it and that's why they wanted it so badly redeems it for me kind of.

I love the cinematography of it. The black and white looks great, especially the part with the white paint.

13. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I disliked pretty much everything about that episode. The only Black Mirror episode I dislike.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  14. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Waldo is the only truly bad ep imo

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  15. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I found Crocodile to be pretty bad

16. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I liked Crocodile a lot, except the final part with the guinea pig. That's a dumb ending.

Should have just left it her killing the kid and then The End.

17. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I think we can all agree that Waldo is the series low point.
    I don't know, honestly. Something about it just really stuck with me. I'll admit, though, I'm a bit more partial to the ones that focus on technology that exists now (also why I really like National Anthem)

OotyPa likes this.
  18. SpyKi

Waldo and Crocodile >>> Metalhead

Aaron Mook likes this.
  19. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Lol, no way! I don't understand why people hate Metalhead so much.

20. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I thought Metalhead was fine overall, but there was nothing to it.... the "twist" at the end was not very good or interesting

21. SpyKi

It was very boring and the acting was bad. It's the only episode where I was just waiting for it to end.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  22. Yyyup, add Hang the DJ to top tier.

Everything else s4 so far has been mid-tier. Two to go!

I don't really feel the need to make upper-mid and lower-mid tiers.

irthesteve likes this.
  23. Aaand put Metalhead in bottom tier.

One left.

24. Black Museum in (upper-)mid tier. Real, real close to being in top tier, though. The first story didn't really do it for me, but the rest of the episode got me really emotional. Kind of the opposite with White Christmas, where I found only the third story was particularly poignant.

So yeah, each season has one episode in top tier and one episode in bottom tier, and everything else is somewhere in the middle. As I said earlier, bottom tier is still pretty damn good. What a great show.

So did you guys already do the thing where you're all freaking out in the thread together like "omg i knew it this all does take place in the same universe black museum confirms it!" Yeah? Yeah. I'm trying not to read too much into it. I mean, I did look up some fan theories to skim possible timelines, but I think I'm going to keep appreciating these episodes as standalone narratives. With a few exceptions (obviously Black Museum hinges on it), I'm starting to wonder if writers don't really care about the shared-universe-ness all that much and will just put Easter eggs in wherever they can just to fuck with us.

irthesteve likes this.
  25. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter