Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Black Mirror (Channel 4, Netflix) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Apr 29, 2016.

1. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

So so so excited for this, but mostly for the Dan Trachtenberg episode. Will support that man on whatever he directs, still can't believe he's doing work on such big projects. Seems like yesterday that he was a "small time" podcaster learning on how to drink tea for the first time....

He's come so far. Makes me soooo happy to see his success.

2. Hyped for this.

3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I watched the first 7 episodes probably two years ago and still think about them all the time. I can't wait for this.

4. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Gonna be a great weekend

5. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Going to NYCC tomorrow and gonna try and go to the Black Mirror panel/screening of one of the episodes. Excited.

6. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

So, did this happen?

7. tucah

not champ Prestigious

It did, I saw the Dan Trachtenberg episode "Playtest". We had a little intro from Brooker praising Trachtenberg then the episode. It was really good, classic Black Mirror stuff. It might have been one of the funniest Black Mirror episodes, Wyatt Russell was a great and very entertaining lead. Trachtenberg's directing was excellent, episode looked great overall. I wasn't quite sure what to think for a lot of the first half of the episode, I had no real idea about how it was going to twist into the sort of technology-gone-wrong angle we expect from the series. I don't really want to get into any specifics obviously but I was totally in during the second half and it made me positive that the Netflix season will continue to be every bit as good as the series has been to date.

Joe, NewSurrender, Joel and 1 other person like this.
  8. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

AWESOME!! Thanks for the feedback.

9. Wyatt Russell was great in Everybody Wants Some, and 10CL is my favorite movie this year, so I can't wait for that ep.

10. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

11. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Soon

12. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Soooooo excited for this.

13. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

about to finish Jessica Jones and I'm looking to take a break from Marvel before starting Daredevil. where should I start for this show? from the beginning?

14. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Skip the first episode and start with episode 2. Then when you are finished with the series, go back and watch the first episode.

It doesn't really matter what order you watch them in, and normally I'd say just to go in order, but the subject matter of the first episode can be a little off-putting to some. I've recommended the show to a lot of people and had multiple people watch the first episode and unfairly judge the show because of it. (the first episode is still great and should be seen though)

15. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

This show is so polarizing. I don't think there's a general consensus for any of the episodes other than The Waldo Moment.

16. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

same thing happened with me! i recommended this to so many people at work last year and several of them watched the first episode (i did tell them that they could watch any because they were not connected) and then they wanted nothing to do with it anymore.

ramomcferno likes this.
  17. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I would agree with this.

18. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

Will do, thank you!

19. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

You don't need to skip episode 1. I stared with episode one and it kicked off the series with many serious WHOA moments.

20. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

You don't NEED to skip episode 1, but I think it's the safer recommendation for sure especially if you're not totally familiar with the person's taste and sensabilities.

ramomcferno likes this.
  21. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

^ what he said. You don't NEED to skip it, but it might be off-putting to some. Like I said, I recommended the show to multiple people that I know would be into it, who didn't continue watching after seeing the first episode.

ramomcferno likes this.
  22. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I cannot wait to see the rest of this season tomorrow.

23. Jodie Foster will direct an episode for Season 4. It'll star Rosemarie DeWitt, who I'm a big fan of.

24. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

the rest? is an episode out?

I can't wait to watch the new episodes but my girlfriend's working tomorrow so I'll have to wait until the weekend. :(

25. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I saw one at NYCC a couple weeks ago (posted some vague-ish/unspoilery impressions earlier in the thread).