Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Black Lightning (CW) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by aranea, Mar 29, 2017.

1. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

First Look at The CW’s New Superhero Series ‘Black Lightning’

Black Lightning (@blacklightning) | Twitter

Contender likes this.
  2. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

It's basically the DC network, but I'm not complaining especially since the show has a POC lead.

Colby Searcy and Tim like this.
  3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'll probably really enjoy the first season and lose interest. Seems to be a theme over there.

Davjs and Raku like this.
  4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Here. For. It.

5. Anthony_

Yeah, other than Agents of SHIELD and Luke Cage, there aren't any others with PoC leads. Glad to see that representation increasing for sure.

Tim likes this.
  6. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I'm curious to see the trailer for this

7. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Forgot there was a thread. It sounds good.

Jefferson Pierce (Cress Williams) is a man wrestling with a secret. As the father of two daughters and principal of a charter high school that also serves as a safe haven for young people in a New Orleans neighborhood overrun by gang violence, he is a hero to his community. Nine years ago, Pierce was a hero of a different sort. Gifted with the superhuman power to harness and control electricity, he used those powers to keep his hometown streets safe as the masked vigilante Black Lightning. However, after too many nights with his life on the line, and seeing the effects of the damage and loss that his alter ego was inflicting on his family, he left his Super Hero days behind and settled into being a principal and a dad. Choosing to help his city without using his superpowers, he watched his daughters Anissa (Nafessa Williams) and Jennifer (China Anne McClain) grow into strong young women, even though his marriage to their mother, Lynn (Christine Adams), suffered. Almost a decade later, Pierce’s crime-fighting days are long behind him…or so he thought. But with crime and corruption spreading like wildfire, and those he cares about in the crosshairs of the menacing local gang The One Hundred, Black Lightning returns — to save not only his family, but also the soul of his community. Based on the characters from DC, BLACK LIGHTNING is from Berlanti Productions and Akil Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (“Arrow,” “The Flash”), Salim Akil & Mara Brock Akil (“Being Mary Jane,” “The Game,” “Girlfriends”), and Sarah Schechter (“Arrow,” “The Flash”). The Black Lightning character was created by Tony Isabella with Trevor Von Eeden.

Contender likes this.
  9. Anthony_

So I guess this show will be crossing over with a different CW series, huh.

10. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

11. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

That trailer was awesome!

12. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

The trailer has me intrigued. Think it's dumb it's not part of the arrowverse tho.

Raku likes this.
  13. stayillogical

I hope they change their mind about that.

Raku and billyboatman like this.
  14. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I would've preferred Static Shock because I'm more familiar with him, but this looks really cool.

Raku and billyboatman like this.
  15. lightning

Contender likes this.
  16. I'll check out the premiere. Don't know if I'll have time to stick with it.

Raku likes this.
  17. Anthony_

18. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

I'll have to catch this tomorrow in the CW app since I can't get The CW on my TV.

19. This was decent. Interested to see where it goes. I like it from a representation standpoint, and I like the idea of an aged superhero.

Davjs likes this.
  20. Anthony_

Liked this a lot. Going to be sticking with it for sure.

storm and Colby Searcy like this.
  21. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Yeah this was great

22. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

i dug the shit out of this. im glad we didnt trot out the origin story and instead just got right to it.

i went from really disliking his suit to loving it in action. DC has been doing this thing lately where a lot of their characters look like they have armor on like a lot of the Injustice characters and they pretty much always look better in action than in still images. The Atom, Firestorm, Hawkgirl etc all have that look to them but they look MUCH better in their respective shows.

im all about this and i cant wait to watch more

storm and Colby Searcy like this.
  23. stayillogical

Loved it. The daughters are so great. I like the family right away.

24. lightning

Yo who's watching?

Colby Searcy likes this.
  25. I'm enjoying it. I like that it's not shying away from dealing with social issues each episode. I'm interested to see where they go with Anissa's character now that she's realizing her powers.

Colby Searcy likes this.