Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Black Keys tour with Modest Mouse Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Jason Tolpin, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

2. dilleo

Regular

Not a big Black Keys fan, like I don't mind them.. But I wish Modest Mouse was the headliner. With all that being said, that's the reason I'm not going, unless I can get tickets for a good price or something.

riotspray likes this.
  3. TMS2787

Trusted

I’m going to go the Cleveland show. I don’t love The Black Keys last two albums but I still am looking forward to seeing them again and the redesigned arena.

dilleo likes this.
  4. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Would love to see Modest Mouse again, but I'm not gonna pay these prices to see them open for a band I'm not really into.

falafelmywaffle and dilleo like this.
  5. SPine

Trusted

Smh Black Keys are great. No interest in Modest Mouse

6. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Yeah I hate missing a MM tour, but paying high prices for tickets and making the trek to LA just to see a MM opening set just isn’t worth it to me. Guess I’ll see them next headliner

riotspray, falafelmywaffle and dilleo like this.
  7. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

No shade to the Black Keys, I could just never get into them. Modest Mouse on the other hand is one of my top 5 favorite bands of all time.

Just my taste.

falafelmywaffle, dilleo and ncarrab like this.
  8. SPine

Trusted

Anyone know set times?

9. SPine

Trusted

The Black Keys were 9:30-11:00
    Modest Mouse 8-9.

Awesome show.

10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

How was Modest Mouse? I did a ‘Modest Mouse’ Twitter search last night and the comments I saw about them on this tour have not been good.

11. SPine

Trusted

I was not in to them and I'd say most of the crowd wasn't either. The seats on the floor, people stood throughout their set. The rest of the arena sat. I feel like I wouldn't mind their set in a festival setting. Dashboard was the only song I knew but I've never taken the time to listen to much of their discography. My dad has seen them before and he said they were a lot better the first time.

12. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Modest Mouse is one of my all-time favorite bands. I feel like if people didn’t really know much about them (or just know them through Float On) they’d be really thrown off by their live show.

I saw comments saying the sound was really bad for them, Isaac looked disinterested and a lot of fans who liked them just saying they were bad. Just wondering if people were overreacting or not - especially seeing as they were the opener and many people weren’t there for them so they may tend to be harsher on the openers.

riotspray and dilleo like this.
  13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

But having seen them many times myself, I could totally see them putting on a poor performance, unfortunately.

14. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I can see your average Black Keys fan nowadays being a bit put off by Modest Mouse. MM tends to vary their setlist night by night depending on how Isaac Brock is feeling apparently and sometimes they can be REALLY loose and jarring if you're coming for a typical rock show.

15. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

That’s what I was worried about. MM can be so great live, but I had a feeling the overall atmosphere of this tour would take the magic out of them. Also why I couldn’t convince myself to make this tour

16. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I LOVE Modest Mouse but they can be kinda hit or miss live. I've seen some truly amazing sets and some kinda lackluster ones.

dilleo likes this.
  17. Greg Robson

gregrobson.net Moderator

Mildly interested in this. Amway Center shows are usually solid, would be curious to hear both in this setting. Have not seen Modest Mouse in probably 10 years, and have never seen the Black Keys. The last time the Keys were in Orlando the show got good marks. Hmmmm. Decisions, decisions.