Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Black Friday (Thursday) / Cyber Monday 2016

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Dirty Sanchez, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

This is a place to discuss this horrendous shopping day.

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

cyper monday >>>>>>>>>>>>

3. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I forgot all about CM :embarrassed:.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

5. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Edited the thread.

6. TedSchmosby

Trusted

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Most places start Thursday now so Black Friday isn't even that jammed anymore.

8. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

This is about the time I thank god that I don't work in store anymore. Fuck everything about Black Friday.

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

anyone who goes shopping on Thursday and makes a retail worker work on a holiday can die for all I care

pauljgreco, coleslawed, Essie and 6 others like this.
  10. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

Bought a pair of jeans at the Gap today....20 dollars!

lish and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  11. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

But on Thursday, that could be $5.

lish likes this.
  12. Borat 2: Vengeance

13. Borat 2: Vengeance

14. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Nice find!

15. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

This is the first time in 6 years that I've had Thanksgiving off. I get Friday off, too.:-)

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  16. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I've always been conflicted cause my dad works thanksgiving and xmas every year and it sucks but it is what always enabled us to even afford those holidays in the first place. he says the most annoying part is when customers are like fake sincere like "wow, I'm so sorry they have you working today!" And he's just like uhhhh well you being here creates that demand so......

17. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Work at Target in the electronics department. This will be my third time doing this black Friday nonsense. This week we've already had 30% off all toys and 10% off all electronics. It has been the worst two days of my life. Lately, I've been closing then opening and usually have about 5-6 hours between shifts. Which gives me 4 hours of sleep coming in at 5AM. People treat us like shit and act like they are owed deals better than what we are offering and will complain if a deal is not to their liking and demand we give them a better deal. As someone who actually loves the customer service aspect of the job and >95% of the time love working with customers, this time of year brings out the worst in everyone. I'd remind everyone to be kind to the workers and I wish you good luck and happy findings this black Friday.

Also, I am so sorry if I sound bitter!

18. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

I worked at target on black Friday when i was a teenager and it was pure hell. i feel like its only gotten worse since then with it being opened on thursdays. you certainly learn to treat anyone in a retail or customer service jobs with the upmost respect after you work a black friday in a job like that. best of luck, youll need it.

We bought a tv at target on black friday like 2 years ago.....never again. i had to drag a giant TV into the clothes department and hide. people kept trying to grab it when i was just standing in the aisle. wtf

19. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I don't support black friday, especially if it starts on a thursday.

coleslawed, Turkeylegz, dylan and 2 others like this.
  20. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I don't have anything I want to go out and get and support the madness on Thursday/Friday. If there's some good deals on Monday, I'll order it then.

21. Ken Nov 21, 2016
    (Last edited: Nov 21, 2016)
    Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I just feel bad for the workers. People working at Target and wal-mart and best buy and all of these stores, don't make that much money... to ask them to come in at midnight or earlier after a day off is cruel and disgusting. Not to mention, the prices are artificially inflated and consumers tend to lose money on black friday deals. I also despise the fact that major corporations try to dictate how and when I shop. No thanks. I have the money in my pocket, I'll buy what I want, how I want, when I want it. In short, not only are people foolish for shopping on black friday, they're inconsiderate too.

Sorry for the rant.

22. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Cyber?

23. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

We always go Black Friday shopping and I don't really feel bad about it tbh. usually starting after thanksgiving dinner. I mostly just get cheap stuff like movies though

dadbolt likes this.
  24. ForestOfAllusion Nov 21, 2016
    (Last edited: Nov 21, 2016)
    ForestOfAllusion

Old Aesthetic Prestigious

I worked at a Circuit City in 2006 during Black Friday, and a bit of context, this was still when stores opened up on Friday not encroaching on Thanksgiving let alone when Circuit City was still a thing, and I had to be there from 4am to 8pm. I do not wish Black Friday on any employee. Do your shopping online, the only way the madness of the crowds will ever stop will be if people do not show up.

Last year was the first year I did all my shopping online, and I got just as good deals keeping track of items I wanted watching the prices fluctuate.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  25. Turkeylegz

Trusted

But don't be sorry! This will be the third year in a row I miss Thanksgiving with my family (who only live an hour away!) because I have to come into work at 5pm on Thanksgiving and stay until 2AM only to come in again that same morning!

Not to mention, this holiday season makes the back half of the semester awful.

Ken likes this.