Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Black Foxxes - reiði (March 16, 2018) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Dec 8, 2017.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Drip drip but the water is a little murky

Kmil likes this.
  2. Kmil Mar 11, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 11, 2018)
    Kmil

Trusted

This is really good for different reasons than their first album, there are some great songs on here. "Breathe", "Joy", and freaking "Oh it Had to be You" is epic, it's my favorite on the album so far.

I like this album so much on first listen, I'm seriously contemplating dropping 86 dollars on that package with the lithograph, signed vinyl, and lyric photo book.

3. Kmil

Trusted

No one else has thoughts on this? It's really dang solid. "Breathe" and "Oh it Had to be You" are insanely good songs.

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

WE ARE WAITING

5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I really want to listen, but I really want my first listen to be in a bit higher quality. at 128 you can really hear it ha

6. Kmil

Trusted

Haha I dove in because I was on the fence if I wanted to purchase, listening to it made me purchase, can't stop listening to it, but yeah the quality ain't great.

7. softanimal

It's my mum's dodge caravan

Decided to listen as we've already heard like half the album through singles, so why not, even if the quality wasn't the greatest. Big fan of this - even though I've been a big fan from the EP days and saw them in ridiculously tiny places, I can't help but feel this is a huge step up from their first, which was decent if a bit derivative. What an opener Breathe is, and I like how the album can sort of be divided into two up to the epic Oh, It Had To Be You. Hope the lads strike it big from here, they totally deserve it.

morken, Kmil and teebs41 like this.
  8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

ohh hell ya.. I NEED THIS. how distracting is the quality?

9. what

Regular

Fan of all four songs, tho I don’t really like when bands release this many singles.. feels weird that we’ve already heard 40% of this thing.

js977 and teebs41 like this.
  10. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I’m gonna wait til Friday to listen, but almost pulled the trigger on the vinyl. The red splatter looks great.

teebs41 likes this.
  11. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

You mean 5 songs, I got Flowers in my iTunes yesterday. But yeah, too much.

12. softanimal

It's my mum's dodge caravan

To be honest it’s not actually that bad for 128, if you can hold off I would but it’ll still be brilliant either way!

13. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Waiting. Don’t really bother with leaks most of the time anymore.

morken and teebs41 like this.
  14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Take Me Home is absolutely incredible

15. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

yea.. the production must be so good on this album that it can handle the compression ha

16. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

album is freakin amazing.. they pushed their sound hard while still remaining really dynamic. WHY ARN'T MORE PEOPLE LISTENING TO THIS BAND.. They don't even have 10k fb likes haha

17. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

CAN'T WAIT TO LISTEN. Holding off until Friday tho. Just two more days now. Well I may listen Thursday night when it goes live on Apple Music at 11pm.

js977 likes this.
  18. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Hope they will tour in North America sooner rather than later. Seems like all the shows they play are overseas.

teebs41 likes this.
  19. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I just tweeted them saying I really wanted a headlining US tour ha

js977 and Colin Your Enthusiasm like this.
  20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

okay.. may pull the trigger on that lyric/photo book... i wonder if its worth $40.. did anyone in here get it so I can wait and see how yours looks to see if its worth it?

21. Theemoflamingo

Regular

They should be in the US for festivals in April/May but their name got taken off the daily lineup so i'm worried the aren't coming over.

22. Colin Your Enthusiasm

I feel the same way about Gang of Youths tbh. Also like Black Foxxes they released a ton of singles prior to their new album coming out. But their album was 16 tracks and 77 minutes long. Don't let that detract you from checking it out tho if you haven't already. Which I think you haven't so get on that. Their EP Let Me Be Clear is also excellent and I still haven't checked out their first album but it has some great reviews. It's supposed to be very dark and depressing so that's why I haven't gone for it yet.

Mary V and js977 like this.
  23. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Gang of Youths are awesome. Another band that doesn't get the hype they deserve.

24. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

So stoked for Friday!

25. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

glad everyone's vibing with the whole thing so far. such a great record