Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Björk Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by George, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Inna Selez

Regular

Oh thanks, I knew it will arrive somewhere in two weeks, but didn't know exact date.

2. Dog with a Blog

Tonight

3. Inna Selez

Regular

Nice lyrics and sound. :thumbup:

4. Inna Selez

Regular

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  5. George

Trusted Prestigious

This image has been updated to include her pre-solo stuff!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They're mad to put Sugarcubes' Here Today on par with Stick Around For Joy. Mad I tell you!

For real though, ignoring Here Today, and those two Sugarcubes albums are better than a decent chunk of her solo stuff - would highly recommend them to any casual fan.

Rest of her pre-solo stuff is a bit ehhhh.

SpyKi likes this.
  6. JM95

Trusted

7. Brilliant writing from Jenn Pelly. The correct score Björk: Post

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Bane like this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

JM95, Bane and Mary V like this.
  9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

coleslawed and Mary V like this.
  10. stars143

Trusted

11. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Even though this post is pretty old I'm doing my first real dive into Bjork's discography and this was really helpful lol

So far I'm really into Debut, Vespertine, Post, and Utopia - I still haven't gotten to Biophilia, Medulla, Volta, or Vulnicura yet but I'm trying to really take the former in first. I don't like Homogenic as much (yet) but it's more of a challenging listen imo than the others so far.

coleslawed and George like this.
  12. Horrorca

Trusted

yeah the branch out to Homogenic in the chart is just flat out wrong - like, yes, there are strings but it’s as “electronic” as Vespertine & I agree way more challenging than Post - absolute masterpiece tho & people flip about that album released by that famous band in 2000 & hail it as being unlike anything that came before it but in my mind Homogenic pushed music production forward at the very least as much as that other one & it came 3 years (!!!) before that other one

13. atlas

Trusted

Homogenic would be a stone cold classic if it came out in any year. Perfect length, perfect pacing, every song is strong and distinct from eachother with a handful of true masterpieces (I defy anyone to listen to Joga and not think "this is one of the best songs of all time"). Then on top of that consider how incredibly forward thinking and ahead of its time it is and yeah. Top 10 album of all time for me.

awakeohsleeper, JM95 and Mary V like this.
  14. Horrorca

Trusted

album is indeed perfect but first three songs & the closer are on a total divinity level

Unravel is my all time favorite song - it comes from a plane of existence that only a true enlightened being could tap into & its humanity is so profound - same for All Is Full of Love frankly

awakeohsleeper, jpmalone4 and atlas like this.
  15. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Yeah I think the 'electronic vs instruments' description in the chart is off, Vespertine to me is a little more mellow overall than Homogenic, at least that's how it seems to me (admittedly) first blush with these albums? Like parts of Homogenic felt a lot busier. But definitely both feel very "electronic"

But I haven't given up on Homogenic! I know it's one of her most esteemed, I think I just need more time with it

16. Horrorca

Trusted

the 3:56 mark in Joga does something to me I can’t describe

17. George

Trusted Prestigious

There's a good Bjork quote about Homogenic vs Vespertine that I like, that she said after making Vespertine;

I love that.

I would also highly recommend the B-side from the Vespertine sessions, "Domestica", which to me is basically the musical equivalent of that quote, and absolutely one of her best songs. One of the most content pieces of music I can think of.

coleslawed and jpmalone4 like this.
  18. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Unfortunately the video is unavailable, but I will definitely look that track up!

19. JM95

Trusted

I listen to Domestica quite a lot. A warm bath of a song.

George likes this.
  20. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Post is one of my favorite albums ever made

Bane and Mary V like this.
  21. George

Trusted Prestigious

That's a perfect description of it.

JM95 likes this.
  22. atlas

Trusted

fucked up that Domestica isn't on streaming services tbh