Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Björk Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by George, Mar 6, 2016.

1. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

You'll have to find a whole new album to hound me about. Lol

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  2. Horrorca

Trusted

just cause yr dying to know

Headphones is my favorite Post song

there

George likes this.
  3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

it's refreshing that you have pop culture blind spots too and haven't heard literally everything

4. cshadows2887

Oh they are fucking NUMEROUS.

I haven't heard Illmatic. Or see Sin City. Or watched The Sopranos

George and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  5. George

Trusted Prestigious

You really can't go wrong with any. Headphones is the ultimate song to listen to late at night in bed.

My favourite song on Post (and favourite song of all time) is Hyperballad. My first memory of enjoying music is listening to my parents copies of Debut and Post and Hyperballad was the song I enjoyed the most at like 4 years old.

lightning13 likes this.
  6. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

and you haven't finished breaking bad or started mad men

and you have to start attack on titan. hrm

SpyKi likes this.
  7. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

saaaaame! the video for hyperballad was like whoaaa and the song just sounded so trippy, heh

George likes this.
  8. George

Trusted Prestigious

If it makes you feel any better, Sin City is nowhere even close to being as good as Illmatic or The Sopranos haha.

9. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

yeah i don't see how sin city compares to either of those. i haven't seen sin city either and i'm not like, interested in it much lol

10. cshadows2887

I could also have gone with "I have never seen a Tarkovsky film" or "I haven't seen 8 1/2". Those are my biggest critical sins. Sin City is likely my biggest cultural "everybody's seen it" one.

11. cshadows2887

I couldn't think of anything else everyone's seen that I haven't, okay? I'm about to hit 3,000 freakin' movies.

12. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

eh watch BB and MM and all the anime first.

13. Horrorca

Trusted

immense song

my fav Björk and prolly fav of all times is Unravel

George likes this.
  14. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I think Hyperballad is probably my favourite Bjork song. Unravel, Play Dead and Pluto are up there too.

JM95, George and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  15. George

Trusted Prestigious

You really can't complain with any favourite picks.

Domestica, which was bafflingly cut from Vespertine is an absolutely perfect song, and probably my second favourite of hers, so those that haven't heard, I implore you to listen.

It's so rare to find a song so confident about being content. It's a song about fuck all in one sense, but it encompasses so much in another sense. It's the enjoyment of mundane and happy adulthood, with all it's little mini dramas set to music, and it's perfect.

That last few moments of the song where the "ba ba bas" drop off into just a little happy sigh is probably my favourite tiny little bit in music.

JM95 and SpyKi like this.
  16. JM95

Trusted

Wonderful song and you sum it up extremely well!

She is so great.

George likes this.
  17. Horrorca

Trusted

she is a goddess

18. Bane

The spiciest meme

Gonna be cliche and say Post is my favorite album from her, and actually Enjoy REALLY shot up for being one of my favorites on it.

19. Horrorca

Trusted

Desired Constellation is another one that really makes me feel a certain way

20. George

Trusted Prestigious

Vespertine was released 15 years ago today.

21. Horrorca

Trusted

spinning it right now

absolute masterpiece

JM95 and George like this.
  22. George

Trusted Prestigious

Listened to it early today. It's the most sensual and delicate album I've ever heard.

23. Horrorca

Trusted

easy

and to think she built most of it in her laptop

she is a genius

JM95 likes this.
  24. George

Trusted Prestigious

Missed this at the time, but she did a Reddit AMA; [AMA] I’m singer and songwriter Bjork, and I’m here to answer all your questions! AMA! • /r/Music

It contains some absolute vintage Bjork answers;

Alright, alright.

SpyKi likes this.
  25. George

Trusted Prestigious

Saw her last night in London for the first time, and it was wonderful. She played with a ~30 piece string orchestra, so songs like Joga and Stonemilker sounded absolutely phenomenal. There was no electronic elements to her live, so the setlist was catered more towards her more orchestral stuff. There were a few deep cuts, she played Aurora, I've Seen It All and sang The Anchor Song in Icelandic, which was cool. Played about 7 or so from Vulnicura and then 5 or 6 old ones.

She ended the night with Pluto, which obviously is this big pulsing, aggressive electronic song, but adapted for a string orchestra, it sounded pretty odd, but brilliant. Bit sad she didn't play hyperballad, but you can't win them all!