Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Birds Of Prey And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Cathy Yan, February 7, 2020) Movie • Page 14

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Other than the structure of the film’s narrative, I loved everything about this

2. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I enjoyed this but thought it kinda fell apart in the last third.

3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

you rang

[​IMG]

Tim likes this.
  4. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

This movie was a lot of fun. The soundtrack mixed with the fight choreography was fantastic. I much, much, much prefer this style of action and fight cinematography than nearly any Marvel movie.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

lmaoooooooooo

Zilla likes this.
  6. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Man, I hesitate to dunk on Grace Randolph because I feel like there's misogyny built into it. But she's a genuinely awful person with absolutely no ethics.

soggytime likes this.
  7. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Legitimately have no clue who that is

8. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

soggytime likes this.
  9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

getting an early VOD release, nice

10. Serh Mar 16, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 16, 2020)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

one week from tomorrow

RyanPm40 likes this.
  11. FUCK YES

12. they are gonna make a lot of money by releasing this early.

13. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

is this also available to rent On Demand next week? Really want to see this, but not purchase this

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Not so sure about that. People wouldn’t pay $10 to see it in theaters, doubt they’ll pay $20 to see it on demand.

15. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

$10 in theater? What is this 2007? Movies here in NJ are roughly $17 for a non matinee.

16. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The AMC theater for me is $12 at night, $9 for matinee and $6.50 during 4-5:30 so I went in the middle area

17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Well also me and my roommate did go pay to see it, and now watching it is the top of our Quarantine list, so we will buy it again, so they also get to double dip on people who otherwise might've waited until it was cheaper to rent or hit a streaming service

scottlechowicz likes this.
  18. michael_gatto

Trusted

Yeah $17 sounds outrageous. My theater is $11 normally, $9 for matinee, $7 for early bird and $5 every Tuesday

19. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Tickets are $10 for me.

No way I'd ever buy a $20 digital release, but if it's available to rent while things shut down, I could totally see myself renting it & watching it twice.

20. soggytime

Trusted

$20 also may account for the fact that multiple people in a room will watch it at once

21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Just pulled up the receipt out of curiousity and ya mine cost $16.55 a ticket. Nice theater but nothing special. Had reclining seats but that seems standard now. It was a Regal. I'd say anywhere between $12 and $17 is pretty standard anymore at least around me.

22. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Definitely buying this. Silver lining to all of the social distancing.

23. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I mean, I know that's the current standard for this kinda thing. Thinking about how much physical releases cost & just general new movie economics, it makes sense for a new release. But, it's something I'm very much so not into, for anything, lol. The only movie I ever bought on iTunes was Midsommar, begrudgingly, 'cause I wanted the director's cut.

24. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I feel for all you that have to pay $17 for a single ticket. That’s absurd. My theater is pretty nice, has reclining seats and a big Dolby Cinema screen and it’s still cheaper than $17

michael_gatto likes this.
  25. soggytime

Trusted

Before A-List was a thing, I was used to $20 tickets in NYC so maybe I'm the wrong person to chime in lol