Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Birds Of Prey And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Cathy Yan, February 7, 2020) Movie • Page 13

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Serh Feb 11, 2020
    (Last edited: May 7, 2020)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

completely disagree with this being barely better than suicide squad, and i didn't hate that movie as much as everyone else. sorry you didn't like it, however

DrAlanGrant and tdlyon like this.
  2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I didn't absolutely hate Suicide Squad either, I should have said that. That movie's like a D+ to me and I'd give this a C+ maybe

3. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

They should of ditched the whole freeze frame and add graphics thing saying the characters motivations that made it feel like suicide squad and they should of tried to put much more distance in between them lol

Also let me figure stuff out for myself

4. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I like stuff like that because it reminds me of reading comics lol

5. BackyardHero11

Trusted

yeah there was some aesthetic stuff like that in suicide squad that i enjoyed, so i didn't mind them building on that and doing it better. this movie had a simple plot that was a lot of fun, felt like a comic book/the new cartoon series come to live action. it was exactly what i needed it to be personally.

ghostedaway likes this.
  6. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

God I love this soundtrack so much too

7. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

This feels like a more realized Suicide Squad, aesthetically. I'm still not a fan of it, but it's nowhere near as egregious as that movie was. Also, re: the title, it should've been Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey or some variant of that from the beginning. This is 100% a Harley Quinn movie and not in the slightest a Birds of Prey movie.

Zilla likes this.
  8. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Who cares, the original title is great.

9. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I loved this so much and I can't wait to see it again. I give it a 9/10. You can tell that Margot Robbie really loves and cares about this character.

SpyKi and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  10. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I said the exact same thing! My cheeks hurt from smiling by the end. When they're shooting at her through the cocaine in the evidence room and she sniffs the air I died laughing. What a great movie.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  11. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I’m a little surprised that some people are lukewarm on it, I’ve seen a couple critics I like and some people be like “eh not all that good” and while I don’t think this is incredible, it seems more likable and pleasant than nearly every other comic book movie I’ve seen in the last three or four years.

FlayedManOfSF likes this.
  12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

That scene was legitimately the hardest I've laughed at the movies in a long time. Just how her facial expression lights up had me cracking up

FlayedManOfSF likes this.
  13. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I loved this. Easily my favourite DCU movie so far. Had all the personality and charm Suicide Squad was lacking. The whole thing was so much fun, more like this please.

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Ehh, that’s not really sexism imo. Ford v Ferrari was projected for a low opening ($12-15) and came in way above. Birds of Prey was projected for $45-$50 and came in underneath, so it underperformed. It’s all relative.

DrAlanGrant, TEGCRocco and Zilla like this.
  16. Kuri44

Still dying to see this, can’t believe I haven’t, I just haven’t found the time!

Bummer it didn’t seem to have a good opening, this looks like the best thing DC has put out in years

17. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

“Better than highest grossing movie of all time Endgame and 11 time Oscar nominated Joker, solid B” -me

Jason Tate, NJPunkMusic and RyanPm40 like this.
  18. Are superhero movies with female leads generally not doing as well as ones with male leads? I've mostly seen that men found Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel middling in contrast to how women felt empowered watching them, but that's different from box office.

19. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, that tweet is ignoring literally almost everything that has to do with how box office numbers work.

Zilla and TEGCRocco like this.
  20. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman both did pretty well at the box office, especially Captain Marvel. It was only a little bit behind Far From Home and Aquaman worldwide and is only behind the Avengers movies and Black Panther domestically IIRC.

21. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah Captain Marvel definitely broke some records at the time it came out iirc

xapplexpiex likes this.
  22. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

i loved this. the comedy and soundtrack were great. i liked that she used her signature hammer at the end.

23. This movie ruled - I utterly adore everything about it

24. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

Garrett L. likes this.
  25. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I enjoyed this way more than I thought I would when watching all the previews.