Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Birds Of Prey And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Cathy Yan, February 7, 2020) Movie • Page 12

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

2. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

feel like that's been happening the last few years. it sucks.

3. BackyardHero11

Trusted

My friend turned to me and was like "is that supposed to be Zsasz?" haha. he wasn't bad, and i know Anthony Carrigan on Gotham could never have gone as brutal as he is in the comics, but his performance was just always more fun and enjoyable. Not saying the universes should be connected or anything, but i do think his style of performance would have fit the over the top of this movie more than the one we got.

Joe likes this.
  4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Saw this on Friday and already planning to see it again Wednesday. It was honestly the most pure fun I've had at the movies in a long time. I just didn't want it to end. Margot is incredible, and Huntress had me cracking up. I really just had a smile on my face the whole time

FlayedManOfSF likes this.
  5. soggytime

Trusted

This weekend will be the true test to see how it holds and if it actually is a bomb. It's pretty lame that movies aren't allowed to just bomb peacefully anymore, and now it has to be seen as a political statement of "get woke, go broke" or something along those lines amongst the most toxic parts of the internet.

6. Agreed. I would've loved to see Carrigan's Zsasz in this movie.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  7. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone here want an 8 dollar off code for this? Got it through vudu.

8. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

The title is now Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey in my AMC app

9. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Yup same. Very interesting.

10. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Same on Regal

11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

likewise w/ the regal app, wtf

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

shit

13. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

That’s stupid as hell.

14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

messina was so good in this tho

15. Tim

I think I said that the other day, that the name should’ve been “Harley Quinn & the Birds of Prey.” (Not that I think I was unique in that.) Not sure what good that’ll do now that it’s out, but maybe some good television ads will help spread the word faster?

Reminds me of how Dark Phoenix was renamed X-Men: Dark Phoenix for home media.

16. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Seriously, do they think there are people out there that want to see a Harley Quinn movie with Margot Robie reprising the role but didn’t realize it existed/was out because of the title?

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

justice for Fantabulous Emancipation, it's so perfectly Harley

18. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Why change the title after the release? If they wanted to change the title to Harley Quinn they should have done so before it’s release.

19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

this shit got edge of tomorrow trending

chewbacca110, Tim and Zilla like this.
  20. Tim

I love “The Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn.” It’s fantabulously extra. But, w/ my marketing hat on, it’s not the best name.

I’m the same way w/ the X-Men example I gave. I will always see it as “Dark Phoenix,” but “X-Men: Dark Phoenix” is a better title for getting casual movie goers’ attention.

21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  22. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

At least make it Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey. Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey just sounds bad.

23. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I mean, the ads more than made it clear that it was a Harley Quinn vehicle so I don’t get the title change, I personally don’t see how that would make it more enticing to people on the fence about it.

24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I mean it makes sense to me. They're just going after the people who haven't been following the movie, decided they want to go see a movie (any movie) tonight, pull up the showings and say "Oh there's a Harley Quinn movie? That could be fun let's see that." If those people see Birds of Prey they're more likely to skim past it.

I don't see that it matters that much if this is just for like apps and stuff. I honestly am not sure even I saw any previews for it, but just knew about it from seeing it talked about online and stuff.

25. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Honestly thought I would like this a lot more, it was... marginally better than Suicide Squad. Cool action and Margot was great but still really weak writing for the most part imo

jkauf likes this.