Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Billy Talent Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Gnarly Charlie, May 12, 2016.

1. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Forgiveness I + II came out in 2019 and they’re releasing it as the closer for their 2022 record? Lame

I don’t have high hopes for the record as Beg To Differ and Reckless Abandon (that were released last year lol) are very meh for me.

2. Philll

Trusted

Yeah bizarre to have such a huge gap between those first singles and the album coming out.

3. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I'm still excited for it, but yikes. They messed up with that rollout.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  4. tomtom94

Trusted

JANUARY??? Fucking hell.

5. Yeah from what I remember they put it out with plans to write and record the rest of the album throughout 2020. It was a messy idea from the start and was made worse when COVID halted their plans. I wonder if the film, or at least the kind of visual storyline, they were planning to accompany these new songs with still came to fruition after all.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  6. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Honestly I dropped off from these guys around the third album but the first two were played a lot during my college years. The first being the definitive for me. Have they released anything as good over these years?

7. A few fillers aside, Dead Silence is great. It contains quite an amount of highlights that are on par with I and II. The two songs they released as part of their greatest hits album are excellent as well, with the second one below being a curveball.

Afraid Of Heights, much like III, barely did anything to me and felt like they were going through the motions.

I'm not sure I've listened to all the new songs but the first single, Forgiveness I + II, is one of the best things they've ever done. Almost prog-ish.

ramomcferno likes this.
  8. tomtom94

Trusted

Didn't know this existed until today (Japanese bonus track for Afraid of Heights)

Crisp X and ramomcferno like this.
  9. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

I really dug Afraid of Heights.

In general I love everything they have put out. Minus the first two albums they are a bit of a rollercoaster band, with really high highs and low lows.

Excited for the new album although that is a long wait especially since we will have heard 4 of the 10 songs by then.

10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Kingdom of Zod is one of the best songs they’ve written post II era.

Crisp X and ramomcferno like this.