Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Billy Talent Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Gnarly Charlie, May 12, 2016.

1. Philll

Trusted

Lol yeah it's just Devil in a Midnight Mass. Enjoying it though.

Cameron and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  2. tomtom94

Trusted

3. Sounds like if Devil In A Midnight Mass had been written during the Dead Silence era, in a good way.

ramomcferno likes this.
  4. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

Good description of it. I really dig it but I liked the last song too so I guess we will get a nice varied album.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Planning on listening to these guys today. I hope they announce a new album. Also, a US tour.

6. tomtom94

Trusted

New song on Friday. Ian and Jonny will be joining the YouTube chat for the premiere if you're into that sort of thing.

Still not sure whether this is building up to a full album or just a set of singles.

Micool1 and Gnarly Charlie like this.
  7. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I'm really hoping for a new album, but the art of all those singles being so different from each other makes me think they are just standalone singles.

8. They've got an album, it's just the way things go these days: release many singles while being evasive about them being part of a project. :/ Though I wouldn't be surprised if the current situation led them to postpone the release, which I suppose was scheduled for May?

9. Nvm

I guess their plans haven't changed after all

10. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

It could be delayed if this crisis lasts too long since the album isn't finished.

11. tomtom94

Trusted

New song is dope, reckon it's the best one they've released so far

ramomcferno likes this.
  12. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

Yeah I liked the other two but this is my favorite of the new batch as well.

I also like how hopeful/positive it is.

13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

3 for 3.

14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

So I really stopped listening after III. Dead Silence is good? What of their other post III work?

15. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

They both were pretty good imo. I think people prefer Dead Silence to Afraid of Heights though.

Cameron likes this.
  16. tomtom94

Trusted

Dead Silence and Afraid of Heights both contain some of their best work. Ben is less screamy than he was on the early albums on account of age but that's really the only thing that's changed.

17. prattsy

Regular

Dead Silence was awesome but as others have said, Afraid of Heights is also great.

18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I hate to say it but I feel like this is a band that just gets weaker every record. III, Dead Silence, and Afraid of Heights have some solid jams but they all have clunkers too.

DickyCullz likes this.
  19. tomtom94

Trusted

Hot damn, no messing around, Forgiveness Chapter III comes Thursday

20. Not sure I agree, I think Dead Silence and II are pretty much equal while Afraid Of Heights and III were much weaker. The new singles got me back on board.

I don't even think I have a favorite album. I don't even listen to I that much, even though it contains most of their best work.

21. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

New Billy Talent track featuring Rivers Cuomo coming on Friday.

588C3542-CF0E-4634-9EB5-46CC4990CF3E.jpeg

ramomcferno likes this.
  22. Philll

Trusted

Rivers below

Now that we've got that out of the way...

23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Nice

Philll likes this.
  24. Crisp X Sep 7, 2021
    (Last edited: Sep 7, 2021)
  25. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

After Friday there will only be 6 new songs and a 4 month roll out. Ouch! Probably not wanting to wait longer to announce but want to release in a safer time to tour, so I get it. I’ve not listened to the singles too much, thankfully.