Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Billy Talent - Crisis of Faith (January 21, 2022) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by tomtom94, Sep 10, 2021.

1. tomtom94 Sep 10, 2021
    (Last edited: Sep 12, 2021)
    tomtom94

Trusted

[​IMG]

Tracklist:
    1. Forgiveness (I+II)

2. Reckless Paradise

3. I Beg to Differ (This Will Get Better)

4. The Wolf

5. Reactor

6. Judged

7. Hanging Out With All the Wrong People

8. End Of Me (feat. Rivers Cuomo of Weezer)

9. One Less Problem

10. For You
    Singles:

Finally announced! Enjoying all the singles so far although none of them have blown me away yet.

Attached Files:

2. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Just coming in here to inform that news sites are reporting Forgiveness I + II as the first track of the album and not the last track.

3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

New song is awesome! Takes me back to the first two albums but Weezerized

4. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Can't wait, but man January is so far..

5. tomtom94

Trusted

Thank you, have corrected. (That does make more sense)

6. tomtom94

Trusted

Oh hey this album is out in two weeks!

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I forgot this album was coming out lol

8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Shaping up to be a good one. End of Me is so good.

9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Forgiveness I + II came out in 2019… wow

Crisp X and Philll like this.
  10. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

I didn’t overplay singles too much and sort of forgot about the roll out, so excited for the full thing!

11. I have listened to none of the earliest singles since 2019 or 2020 and haven't kept up with the more recent ones, so I feel like the first listen is going to be a fresh one.

Looking back, they made the right decision to delay the European tour to Fall 2022... from the ones I'm still supposed to catch, that's the only one I'm feeling confident about it happening so far.

12. WeWereGiants

Regular

I think this might be the first BT release I’m not obsessed with after one listen.

It does have a really nice range of their different eras. Forgiveness sounds straight up like it belongs on Dead Silence, Reckless Paradise is very II, I Beg To Differ reminds me of a blend of I and III.

Hanging Out With All The Wrong People is also a banger

13. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

First time listening to these guys and it's interesting mix of styles.

14. Philll

Trusted

Do yourself a favour and go back to the start of their discog

FloatThroughMe likes this.
  15. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

This was a lot of fun, definitely enjoyed it. Will get more spins through the winter for sure.

16. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Their first album from like 2003 is the real must-listen classic, its an absolute blast

Philll and Nate_Johnson like this.
  17. tomtom94

Trusted

Yeah this album is fine and I like that there's a bit of everything from all across their career, but it feels a bit... inessential.

My standout (not counting the singles) is One Less Problem.

18. Philll

Trusted

I enjoyed this on the first listen. I dont expect to be blown away by this band in 2022, but there's def stuff here I can see myself coming back to.

19. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I really enjoy this! I like their last album a lot, but I can’t remember liking a BT album this much front to back since BTII

20. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I just relistened to their discography and my favorites remain their first and third albums, although they are all good in their own way.

This new one I feel is maybe toward the back end, although I do like that the sound of it seems to be all over the place. Also found both Dead Silence and Afraid Of Heights to be much better than I remembered them being at the time.

So maybe a ranking would be like I = III > II > Dead Silence = Afraid Of Heights v= Crisis Of Faith. Still a very consistent band.

21. I'll have to revisit this because on my first listen, I was left with a "...this is it?" reaction.

WeWereGiants likes this.
  22. WeWereGiants

Regular

Listening a few more times has improved my opinion of it, however I do kind of wish they released a full album in the style of Forgiveness. Just get a little proggy with it

Crisp X likes this.
  23. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

This album has some cool songs, happy the band is still around making tunes. Billy Talent II is their best album imo.

WeWereGiants likes this.
  24. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Yeah, this is more very good music from them but doesn't really standout to me. Glad they're still around making music and I'm sure I'll listen to this a ton over the years like their other stuff.

WeWereGiants likes this.
  25. BenSmith94

Trusted

I was pleasantly surprised at how much I'm enjoying this. Not a classic, but a solid collection of songs that warrant repeat listens.

WeWereGiants likes this.